Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
Do I look like a proud Gravely owner or what???? Pro-Turn 152 XDZ with 4.5 hours as of today.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC03086.jpg
    DSC03086.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 162

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Gravely/Ariens Owner Check-In --- Read This First!
Great picture! Congrats on your purchase.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks WAY too warm there for October....
I'm liking your weather.
Very nice machine.... :smile:KennyV

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
It looks WAY too warm there for October....
I'm liking your weather.
Very nice machine.... :smile:KennyV

Yeah, here in Middle Tennessee it's usually "short sleeve weather" until after Thanksgiving. We only get a few rounds of snow, mostly frozen rain/ice which is actually worse to drive in than snow. And a normal winter delivers most incement weather in January or February, then spring sets in. Born & raised here and absolutely love visiting parts of the country with other climates but really wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Bought an RV and gonna be retiring in about a year and looking forward to traveling the country to take in all the beauty this country has to offer(man it sure is "flat" in Kansas, versus all the hills & mountains here...there's so much sky there it makes you feel kinda small)!!

NeverGiveUp

Threads
Do I look like a proud Gravely owner or what???? Pro-Turn 152 XDZ with 4.5 hours as of today.

attachment.php

You look like I did when I got this one on 2-13-13. I love mine as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3560 copy.jpg
    IMG_3560 copy.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 24

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
djdicetn... that also looks like a great cup of coffee (starbucks) riding with you... :smile:KennyV

NeverGiveUp

Threads
Thank you LMF:thumbsup: Good eye Kenny.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
You look like I did when I got this one on 2-13-13. I love mine as well.

NeverGiveUp,
That's a fine-looking Gravely and doesn't look a lot different than the Pro-Turn 152(doesn't appear to have the suspension seat). What engine did you get on it? Bet you can't wait to start mowing with it(didn't notice where you live, but assume it's still too cold there in mid-February). I've purchased the Gravely sunshade for mine(my wife got it for me for Christmas) and have it installed on the ROPS. I also bought a set of Off-Road Halogen Driving Lights, complete wiring kit that attaches to the battery terminal and an LED rocker switch that I can just drill a hole through the metal plate where all the contols are at for mounting it(my birthday present). Got the whole shebang at AutoZone for around $40(Gravely wanted $120 for their light kit and I thought that was a bit pricey for as much as I would use it). I plan on playing around with it this weekend to make sure about the mounting location to illuminate in front of the mower, but also ensure that both cutting edges of the deck are lit well. When I've got it completed I'll post a picture. If you are interested in getting one I'll be glad to share the details for the kit including part#'s. I can't wait for a hot July day so I can mow while enjoying the sunshade keeping the hot sun off me while I enjoy a nice cold Michelob Ultra and then mowing late one afternoon to try out my new driving lights:0)

P.S.
OK, noticed your location as SWFL(which I assume is Southwest Florida). Soooooo, you may indeed be mowing your lawn while I am writing this response:0)