Fuel Shut Off

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I am looking to add one to my Timecutter. Which type do you all recommend and should I put it before or after the fuel filter?
i use the briggs 698183 shut off. fits 1/4" id line, i usually install it before the filter that way you can shut it off when you change the filter.

shurguywutt

Threads
i use the briggs 698183 shut off. fits 1/4" id line, i usually install it before the filter that way you can shut it off when you change the filter.
Would the Briggs 698183 work on my mower even though it is not gravity fed?

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Would the Briggs 698183 work on my mower even though it is not gravity fed?
I install 1/4” fuel shut off valves on lots of equipment. It is amazing how old some equipment is, has been to other shops, and fuel shut off never installed.

shurguywutt

Threads
Ordered the briggs shut off and will be installing it this weekend. Crazy how expensive these little parts have gotten. I could have ordered the knock off for half the price but decided not to because I don't want to risk any leaks.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Ordered the briggs shut off and will be installing it this weekend. Crazy how expensive these little parts have gotten. I could have ordered the knock off for half the price but decided not to because I don't want to risk any leaks.
The knock offs definitely don't last as long.