Fastest way to cut .37 acre lot

metz12

Threads
even though he said he wanted a rider. personally if i were to be mowing the lawn i could probably do the lawn in the same amount of time with a push mower or a ride on. and also, there are alot of people that know how to work on small engines. its nothing an automotive mechanic cant handle. also there are vocational schools that teach small engines, where you normally dont have to pay for labor. also i see many people with signs that say small engine repair on the side of the road. and one more thing.t there are so many resources on how to fix something like this forum, or youtube. getting something new doesnt always mean that it is not going to break down. the only thing i did with my yard machines change the fuel filter and the air filter and the oil. and the motion drive belt on my craftsman. and put a new bushing on the steering shaft. with a push mower you are also going to run into mechanical issues. not just ride ons.

LoCo86

Threads
True with any machine big or small you will have trouble with it. No matter weather you keep it well maintained or not. The resources to solve these problems you run into are unlimited these days. Not only with social media but with local tradesmen in your area. But when you buy new with this type of budget you get warranties, receipts and if bought from a dealer you get their support. If you can find something in the price range that has these three items coupled together you are in a guaranteed winning situation. No matter if you have problems in the future after the warranty expires or the return period has passed from the date on the receipt. You always have the dealer.

Howdy Doody

Threads
You can find all kinds of rider mower deals on Craigslist, just have to be patient and will likely have to go look at a few of them before you make a decision. If you have a buddy or know anyone who is more mechanically inclined than yourself and even better if they know mowers, bring them with you. Even if the mower looks clean, it could be that it is being sold for a reason. I person that knows his stuff can tell if the mower is in good condition just by the sound of the mower engine and the deck and second by the overall condition (Rust). Some people will sell their riders just because they move to smaller houses or they want to upgrade to a zero turn.

MBDiagMan

Threads
An old 30" Dixon would be ideal for that small yard and are easy to find in good shape on Craigslist for $500 or $600.

Larry