Fastest way to cut .37 acre lot

goodbar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All - I'm new here, and just built a new house. The yard is quite a bit larger than my old house, so not sure if my old 21" craftsman mower will 'cut it' :)

Any recommendations on a small, cheap rider or wide area walk behind to help speed things up? I am not mechanical at all, so used may not be a good option. My yard has no trees, and easy landscaping to mow around. The yard has what I would call a very, very slight slope.

Thanks in advance!

goodbar

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi All - I'm new here, and just built a new house. The yard is quite a bit larger than my old house, so not sure if my old 21" craftsman mower will 'cut it' :)

Any recommendations on a small, cheap rider or wide area walk behind to help speed things up? I am not mechanical at all, so used may not be a good option. My yard has no trees, and easy landscaping to mow around. The yard has what I would call a very, very slight slope.

Thanks in advance!

goodbar

Welcome to the forums!!! Sooooo, how much of your money can we spend:0)
We would buy a Toro TimeMaster or or Honda HRR/HRX if we've got an unlimited amount to spend....but with you just building a new home that's probably not what you had in mind. Tell us how much is in your budget and we will try to give you some recommendations.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should be able to buy a good new riding mower from 1500 to 2000 dollars. Brand really doesn't matter that much in that price range.

goodbar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, totally forgot to mention budget.. I'd like to keep it under $1000; although those Snapper rear riders caught my eye. Sounds like they are common enough where I could get a used one serviced if need be. Just not sure how much of a slope they can handle.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, totally forgot to mention budget.. I'd like to keep it under $1000; although those Snapper rear riders caught my eye. Sounds like they are common enough where I could get a used one serviced if need be. Just not sure how much of a slope they can handle.

I have used all types of mowers and as far as slopes or hills go I think you would be very happy with a used snapper rer

Any rider that your going to get new for $1000 or less you will not be happy with

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

afoulk

Threads

That's the way I would go if you want a rider. You can find them on Craigslist all day for $300 in running condition. Even cheaper if they don't run. Theres plenty of how to's and manuals available online that you should be able to rebuild a carb on one that isn't running. Their really quite simple and easy to work on, just have to take your time and be careful. Make it a winter project:thumbsup:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

I don't know about a dependable rider for < $1K, but you could definitely get into a self-propelled Toro 20199 Timemaster 30" Mower or a Honda HRX217HZA 21" Mower for that kind of money(both top quality machines).

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
A used mower is fine, but buyer beware. You buy a used 300 dollar mower and you can spend another 500 fixing it unless you do your own repairs. Why not spend a little more, even if you have to barrow the money and get something that will last for future years if cared for. If you do buy used get a good name mower like snapper.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
In your case I would spent the grand on a used snapper then you won't have to worry about it

(( cowboy up and get over it ))