Everide Warrior 60" wont start. Lost.

Chughes2009

Threads
Hello all,

Came here looking for a hope and prayer. I'm at my witts end with this thing.

I have a everide warrior (model: ZKW2560) it has the Kawasaki 25hp (4H721V) v-twin engine on it.

Ran the mower great all spring and summer. then, when I put it up for the fall, I went out to start it just a couple weeks later to mulch up some leaves. It wouldn't start. I have tried so many things to get this thing running.

I got fuel (even tried spraying starting fluid in)
Got air
Tested for spark, Got spark
Got compression
I've bypassed the fuel solenoid
I've bypassed the kill wire on the coils
Ive checked the flywheel key, it was fine, I even replaced it anyways.

It just sits there and cranks cranks cranks cranks. Doesn't even try to ignite and fire. It has backfired a few times. Today I cranked the hell out of it for 10-15 mins and it started for about 3 seconds

I'm out of ideas.....

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ignorance, is charging forward with no idea of what you are doing.
Intelleiece is asking for help when you need it.
You will find your manual here https://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Kawasaki-Service-and-Repair-Manuals/.
It is the 11 th line
Your engine is a FH 721V not a 4H

A couple of things you can do .

Remove the air filter and Check that the choke is fully closed

Get a can of carb cleaner spray ( it is easier on petrol engines than starter fluid )
Get some new plugs and warm them up in the oven ( helps to prevent them getting wet & shorting out )
Spray a tiny amount down each plug hole, pop the plugs back in and crank the engine.
Let us know what happens.

Do the same but this time spray the goo through the carb from a few inches away while cranking the engine
Let us know what happens

Check that the cboke

Chughes2009

Threads
Sorry for the prolonged response. Holidays have been crazy. Hope everyone had good holidays.

So I checked the valve lash. It was good. I pulled the carb apart and it was spotless. Also I tried spraying starting fluid directly into the intake. Still nothing

As for the spec number, there was no tag on the engine cover. Is it stamped somewhere? because I couldn't find it

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you say got spark. Will the spark jump a 1/4" gap? Pulling out the plug and grounding the threads and watching for spark across the plug gap is not a good test. If the spark will jump a 1/4" gap in air it will run the engine. Always always always when trouble shooting a no start issue put a new spark plug(s) in.

Chughes2009

Threads
Took them out and held them bout 1/4" away from a ground. Didn't arc. Both plugs.

It had to be pretty darn close to arc to ground.

I'm going to replace the plugs but I doubt they're bad. I just put them in. Where should I start after plugs? The coils?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't use the plugs to check spark. Remove the plugs from the coil wire and insert a bolt in the coil wire and hold that 1/4" from ground and crank it. If won't jump the gap sand any rust off the flywheel magnets and adj the air gap if still weak spark probably needs new coils but both bad at same time not likely.