Echo in Home Depot

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yesterday I went in Home Depot and I saw Echo Products in there. Are these the same quailty products that the dealers sell?

This ought to be interesting because many places are not going to want to service stuff that these stores sell....

Threads
Are these the same quailty products that the dealers sell?

I wonder this all the time....some people say they are; some say they aren't....but one thing we can agree on is you should purchase it from a dealer because they service what they sell. :thumbsup:

MowerMike

Threads
Yesterday I went in Home Depot and I saw Echo Products in there. Are these the same quailty products that the dealers sell?

This ought to be interesting because many places are not going to want to service stuff that these stores sell....

Home Depot is an authorized outlet for Echo products and the products they sell are identical to those found at dealers. You can return any product within the first 30 days for refund or replacement, and they will price protect any reductions within the first 30 days. However, I'm not sure if they perform warranty repairs. Since they normally sell Echo products at retail prices, there usually is no advantage in purchasing from them over dealers. Also, dealers normally offer a better selection.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Yes MowerMike is correct, Home Depot is an authorized outlet for Echo products and the products they sell are the same as those found at a dealer. There is no benefit to buying from the Big Box stores, if you should find the trimmer at home depot at a better price go to your dealer and they will match the Home Depot price and with the dealer you get there service department to do the warranty work and you know who did the work, not like HD. Remember 99% of the time a Dealer will service what he sells first, The HD customer is going on the list in last place.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes MowerMike is correct, Home Depot is an authorized outlet for Echo products and the products they sell are the same as those found at a dealer. There is no benefit to buying from the Big Box stores, if you should find the trimmer at home depot at a better price go to your dealer and they will match the Home Depot price and with the dealer you get there service department to do the warranty work and you know who did the work, not like HD. Remember 99% of the time a Dealer will service what he sells first, The HD customer is going on the list in last place.

For my commercial equipment it looks right now that I will be using Stihl on everything I buy from now on. The John Deere dealer about 3 miles from the house has them. When I asked the guy that sold me some trimmers what the turn around time was on repair, he took me to a room that was full of different Stihl products and said these are all demonstrators. If we can't get you going immediately we will put a demonstrator in your hand to get you going till we can get yours going again unless there is that rare time when we do not have one comparable to yours to give you....

There is an Echo dealer right up the road at an ACE Hardware store. I asked him the same question and he told me that he had somebody that came in a couple of times a week during the Summer so I might be several days without my equipment if I bought from him and had a break down.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
For my commercial equipment it looks right now that I will be using Stihl on everything I buy from now on. The John Deere dealer about 3 miles from the house has them. When I asked the guy that sold me some trimmers what the turn around time was on repair, he took me to a room that was full of different Stihl products and said these are all demonstrators. If we can't get you going immediately we will put a demonstrator in your hand to get you going till we can get yours going again unless there is that rare time when we do not have one comparable to yours to give you....

There is an Echo dealer right up the road at an ACE Hardware store. I asked him the same question and he told me that he had somebody that came in a couple of times a week during the Summer so I might be several days without my equipment if I bought from him and had a break down.

The only thing I would watch buying from a JD dealer would be to make sure you are getting the Stihl prices, and if you buy all your equipment there he should be giving you a 10 to 15% discount. Turn around time is something that I've never worried about because when I put everything together for the business I purchased backup equipment for all my equipment and most of the time unless something is under warranty I try to do my own work if possible. The only piece of Stihl equipment I had go down was my BR 550 and it was only like three months old and when I took it in the mechanic he took it to the back and about 30 minutes later I had it back with a new coil with no charge. I can truthfully say with the exception of maintenance my Stihl equipment has been bullet proof. I'll never run anything else.

bobvail

Forum Newbie
Threads

I don't know why a dealer wouldn't service equipment purchased elsewhere, since they are going to make a buck fixing your equipment. About 8 years ago I bought a new Goldwing using internet prices to work the dealer down to a reasonable price. One of the salesmen alluded that if I purchased out of state, I would not be a 'preferred' customer and therefore would be at the end of the fix-it line. Prior to that he said "who's going to fix it?" I told him "As an authorized dealer, you will". Also added that if it was my store he would be seeking opportunities elsewhere.

I purchased the SRM225 five weeks ago from HD and used it a couple of times. Then this week (7 days out of the 30 return policy) I cranked it up and began chopping down some large and nasty Russian thistle weeds. A few minutes into the job the cover for the string came off and flew through the air with the greatest of ease, never to be found. The line spool also escaped, but I was able to retrieve it because of the dayglo line which was easy to see. What to do" Past the return time and with no cover the machine was useless. I called and explained, adding that I could have been injured by the flying missiles and they said to bring it in. Nice lady told me she would start the return and to pick another one off the shelf. So, I guess HD ain't so bad, at least for us homeowners.

So I brought the new one home and cranked it up. About a minute later, zing! off went the bump cover and the spool. Lucky for me, everything was laying at my feet and didn't go off into the wild blue yonder.

Bottom line is I really like this trimmer. Nice relatively quiet and easy to start motor. Good egos. Eats weeds like a hungry hippo. But I have to figure out why the cover comes off. I know what is supposed to keep it in place, but so far those tangs have failed. If I can find the cover that eluded my desperate search, maybe I'll experiment with some 'adjustments' using a file or sandpaper to get those two tangs on the cover to seat properly.

Suggestions?

I had a Ryobi curved split shaft (backbreaker style) that wouldn't start, so I thought I would upgrade. Looked at the receipt and I bought it in 2000. No problems, just add gas. Maybe I'll tinker with it.

BTW - My first post - a simple hello to everyone :eek:)

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know why a dealer wouldn't service equipment purchased elsewhere, since they are going to make a buck fixing your equipment. About 8 years ago I bought a new Goldwing using internet prices to work the dealer down to a reasonable price. One of the salesmen alluded that if I purchased out of state, I would not be a 'preferred' customer and therefore would be at the end of the fix-it line. Prior to that he said "who's going to fix it?" I told him "As an authorized dealer, you will". Also added that if it was my store he would be seeking opportunities elsewhere. I purchased the SRM225 five weeks ago from HD and used it a couple of times. Then this week (7 days out of the 30 return policy) I cranked it up and began chopping down some large and nasty Russian thistle weeds. A few minutes into the job the cover for the string came off and flew through the air with the greatest of ease, never to be found. The line spool also escaped, but I was able to retrieve it because of the dayglo line which was easy to see. What to do" Past the return time and with no cover the machine was useless. I called and explained, adding that I could have been injured by the flying missiles and they said to bring it in. Nice lady told me she would start the return and to pick another one off the shelf. So, I guess HD ain't so bad, at least for us homeowners. So I brought the new one home and cranked it up. About a minute later, zing! off went the bump cover and the spool. Lucky for me, everything was laying at my feet and didn't go off into the wild blue yonder. Bottom line is I really like this trimmer. Nice relatively quiet and easy to start motor. Good egos. Eats weeds like a hungry hippo. But I have to figure out why the cover comes off. I know what is supposed to keep it in place, but so far those tangs have failed. If I can find the cover that eluded my desperate search, maybe I'll experiment with some 'adjustments' using a file or sandpaper to get those two tangs on the cover to seat properly. Suggestions? I had a Ryobi curved split shaft (backbreaker style) that wouldn't start, so I thought I would upgrade. Looked at the receipt and I bought it in 2000. No problems, just add gas. Maybe I'll tinker with it. BTW - My first post - a simple hello to everyone :eek:)

We are running the PAS 225 daily and ours is about a month old. We have not had a problem with the head. Not sure what might be going on. I love that speed feed head when it comes to reloading.

bobvail

Forum Newbie
Threads
We are running the PAS 225 daily and ours is about a month old. We have not had a problem with the head. Not sure what might be going on. I love that speed feed head when it comes to reloading.

I love it too. Maybe I bumped it into a piece of wood or something and pushed one of the two locks in. Time will tell.

Wildcat

Threads
The nearest HD is 50 plus miles from my house. I do have a Echo dealer up the road and that is where I bought my SRM225. They did all the warranty paperwork right there and I was on my way. I'm not sure how a return would even play out if something happened it but I see it going to my local repair shop where all the lawn equipment goes to.