Echo in Home Depot

A_tank96

Threads
The nearest HD is 50 plus miles from my house. I do have a Echo dealer up the road and that is where I bought my SRM225. They did all the warranty paperwork right there and I was on my way. I'm not sure how a return would even play out if something happened it but I see it going to my local repair shop where all the lawn equipment goes to.

I have used both, non commercial models, and honestly the Stihl is the stronger machine, however the echo runs smoother and starts easier.

Wildcat

Threads
I have used both, non commercial models, and honestly the Stihl is the stronger machine, however the echo runs smoother and starts easier.

That is what I heard. I had a chance to buy a Stihl over the Echo but I went the Echo route due to first hand experience. Maybe one day when money is more readily available, I might try out a Stihl.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is what I heard. I had a chance to buy a Stihl over the Echo but I went the Echo route due to first hand experience. Maybe one day when money is more readily available, I might try out a Stihl.

We run Echo and Stihl. If you buy a larger Echo there is plenty of power.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

This is the point I am at. When my echo stuff dies ill upgrade to top of the line stihl

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is the point I am at. When my echo stuff dies ill upgrade to top of the line stihl

Ha, ha. I am replacing my Stihl stuff with Echo when the Stihl stuff dies. I still have a Stihl weedeater, hand held blower, and two sets of hedge trimmers.

I have been running two of the Echo units that interchange tools. Have an edger and a pole saw attachment plus two strong trimmer attachments.

One of my units is the little 225 and it is fine to trim everything but really heavy stuff. The other is the 280. It is strong enough to cut heavy trimming and pulls the edger great as well. The 225 works fine with the pole saw also.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We going to go to all echo next year.
I got my wife a 225 and she loves it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ive never encountered anything the 225 trimmer wouldnt cut... That's reasonable for any trimmer to cut(small trees lol)

It's my 225 edger that kind of gets underpowered it just doesn't have the guts even regularly maintained edges sometimes trip it up. I cut up the blade guard because the plastic piece on the grass side of the blade is dumb and clove up so I cut that off left the rest of the guard. I've cleaned the carb 12 times in the last 2 years and replaced it twice. And they always get new air filter, plug, fuel lines, filter, breather tube, and I clean the exhaust port yearly. I blow out air filter weekly. The carb just can't handle the abuse I guess. And the under power shows really bad on the edger.

I want to get the big stihl stick edger they have a super powered one and I want it bit I will prolly wait a couple years

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We run Echo and Stihl. If you buy a larger Echo there is plenty of power.

Really? I run the Echo Bed Redefiner with there biggest engine a 28.1cc and it's very much under powered for its size. I think when your talking engine size and power where Echo starts at 21.2cc tops out at 28.1cc Stihl starts with the Residential series engines at 27.2 cc and there commercial series top out at something like 57.1cc.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Really? I run the Echo Bed Redefiner with there biggest engine a 28.1cc and it's very much under powered for its size. I think when your talking engine size and power where Echo starts at 21.2cc tops out at 28.1cc Stihl starts with the Residential series engines at 27.2 cc and there commercial series top out at something like 57.1cc.

Ya 57.1 that's the one I want