echo chainsaw

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
No chainsaw will beat a Stihl! :rolleyes:

Dont always believe in brand names.
The home consumer Stihl chainsaw produced in china is awful. Unreliable, and expensive for the so called quality.
Iv started selling a chinese 2 stroke product which is half the price and better quality.
Husqvarna is the same with there poulan factory product.
Now spend a lot of money on a stihl or Husqvarna and you are getting quality.
Can you get Efco or Emak product?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dont always believe in brand names.
The home consumer Stihl chainsaw produced in china is awful. Unreliable, and expensive for the so called quality.
Iv started selling a chinese 2 stroke product which is half the price and better quality.
Husqvarna is the same with there poulan factory product.
Now spend a lot of money on a stihl or Husqvarna and you are getting quality.
Can you get Efco or Emak product?

I purchased the MS 181 Stihl Home Owner Chain saw and it's never givin me any trouble in the two years that I've used it. Most of STIHL chain saws and there other products are built in the United States using domestic and foreign parts and components much like everything else that you buy today.
The big problem with people and chain saws at there time of purchase is that the majority spend and waste a lot of money on overkill.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
I purchased the MS 181 Stihl Home Owner Chain saw and it's never givin me any trouble in the two years that I've used it. Most of STIHL chain saws and there other products are built in the United States using domestic and foreign parts and components much like everything else that you buy today.
The big problem with people and chain saws at there time of purchase is that the majority spend and waste a lot of money on overkill.

Not what iv been told by a Stihl rep.
They are producing certain product and assembling certain product in china. nobody can afford not to be in china due to cheap labour.
Also its what I see come through my workshop but if you look after your equipment it usually looks after you.
Not many people know and even taught by dealers how to sharpen chain and look after guide bars which if not done properly will be hard on a chainsaw.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not what iv been told by a Stihl rep.
They are producing certain product and assembling certain product in china. nobody can afford not to be in china due to cheap labour.
Also its what I see come through my workshop but if you look after your equipment it usually looks after you.
Not many people know and even taught by dealers how to sharpen chain and look after guide bars which if not done properly will be hard on a chainsaw.

This comes from the Stihl site.

STIHL chain saws are German-engineered and built in America.* And were the only gasoline-powered chain saw manufacturer that designs and manufactures its own bars and chains to ensure they meet our exacting standards in design and performance. Standards that have made STIHL the clear choice for professionals and homeowners alike. And have made STIHL the #1 selling brand of chain saws worldwide.
Most of STIHL chain saws and there other products are built in the United States using domestic and foreign parts and components much like everything else that you buy today.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry pug, but I have to agree with Ric on this one. In my opinion, Stihl and Echo are the top two chain saws out there today. Our sales rep says the same as Ric quoted, American build.

metz12

Threads
they seem pretty sturdy. i like husqvarnas, but i have heard alot of things like they are almost the same things as poulans? i wouldnt think they were the same since poulan is a lower budget company?