Do You Mow Wet Grass?

Toro MX5060

You need a sunshade then, so just as soon as the dew burns off you can get to mowing.
Toro MX5060 Accessories
Home Depot has this as well. Toro TimeCutter SS Sunshade-79011 at The Home Depot


I put one on my Z960R for the exact same reason.
gallery_1_266_677083.jpg
 

Attachments

  • gallery_1_266_677083.jpg
    gallery_1_266_677083.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 8
Have you considered waiting until late afternoon when the temperature begins to drop?? Of course, you may have to put some lights on that MX5060 if you start too late and run into some darkness(for < $40 there are a couple of options in the following thread:0)

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/build-yourself/18564-ztr-light-kit.html

I try to avoid mowing wet grass like a plague!!

I'd have too agree with SeniorCitizen cause it's about the same here. Right at the moment it's is at 75% humidity and it's 88 degrees in the shade and it's not going to get much if any better by morning. As far as the lights go, if your mowing business wise you can't mow at night.
 
You need a sunshade then, so just as soon as the dew burns off you can get to mowing.
Toro MX5060 Accessories
Home Depot has this as well. Toro TimeCutter SS Sunshade-79011 at The Home Depot


I put one on my Z960R for the exact same reason.
gallery_1_266_677083.jpg

Yep, I was going to mention that and forgot:0)

The sunshade on your JD looks just like the one I got from Gravely(except mine is a whitish-grey instead of yellow:0)
It really helps when the sun is a factor!!! I'll attach a picture of mine:
 

Attachments

  • DSC03309.jpg
    DSC03309.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 15
Yep, I was going to mention that and forgot:0) The sunshade on your JD looks just like the one I got from Gravely(except mine is a whitish-grey instead of yellow:0) It really helps when the sun is a factor!!! I'll attach a picture of mine:

Now all you need is a backup camera and a portable DVD player.
 
I do it all the time. Sometimes in the rain. The grass is often wet in the morning because of the dew and/or irrigation systems. I can't just wait until 10-11 to start mowing. Otherwise I would be mowing until dark. Besides, I can start early to not cook in the sun.
 
I do it all the time. Sometimes in the rain. The grass is often wet in the morning because of the dew and/or irrigation systems. I can't just wait until 10-11 to start mowing. Otherwise I would be mowing until dark. Besides, I can start early to not cook in the sun.


That is why some people install LED lighting on their mowers so if they are forced to mow at night they can.
 
Back
Top