Do You Mow Wet Grass?

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I start at 7:00 am and I have no choice but to mow wet grass

Nwatson99

Threads
Toro MX5060

You need a sunshade then, so just as soon as the dew burns off you can get to mowing.
Toro MX5060 Accessories
Home Depot has this as well. Toro TimeCutter SS Sunshade-79011 at The Home Depot

I put one on my Z960R for the exact same reason.
gallery_1_266_677083.jpg

Attachments

• gallery_1_266_677083.jpg
    gallery_1_266_677083.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 8

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you considered waiting until late afternoon when the temperature begins to drop?? Of course, you may have to put some lights on that MX5060 if you start too late and run into some darkness(for < $40 there are a couple of options in the following thread:0)

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/build-yourself/18564-ztr-light-kit.html

I try to avoid mowing wet grass like a plague!!

I'd have too agree with SeniorCitizen cause it's about the same here. Right at the moment it's is at 75% humidity and it's 88 degrees in the shade and it's not going to get much if any better by morning. As far as the lights go, if your mowing business wise you can't mow at night.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
You need a sunshade then, so just as soon as the dew burns off you can get to mowing.
Toro MX5060 Accessories
Home Depot has this as well. Toro TimeCutter SS Sunshade-79011 at The Home Depot

I put one on my Z960R for the exact same reason.
gallery_1_266_677083.jpg

Yep, I was going to mention that and forgot:0)

The sunshade on your JD looks just like the one I got from Gravely(except mine is a whitish-grey instead of yellow:0)
It really helps when the sun is a factor!!! I'll attach a picture of mine:

Attachments

• DSC03309.jpg
    DSC03309.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 15

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep, I was going to mention that and forgot:0) The sunshade on your JD looks just like the one I got from Gravely(except mine is a whitish-grey instead of yellow:0) It really helps when the sun is a factor!!! I'll attach a picture of mine:

Now all you need is a backup camera and a portable DVD player.

Nwatson99

Threads
Now all you need is a backup camera and a portable DVD player.

Well there is a Ipod and garage door opener also on mine which you can see on the right side rops bar, backup camera might be next. :laughing:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do it all the time. Sometimes in the rain. The grass is often wet in the morning because of the dew and/or irrigation systems. I can't just wait until 10-11 to start mowing. Otherwise I would be mowing until dark. Besides, I can start early to not cook in the sun.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Well there is a Ipod and garage door opener also on mine which you can see on the right side rops bar, backup camera might be next. :laughing:

I have the garage door openers on mine, I'll look into a backup camera.:laughing:

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I do it all the time. Sometimes in the rain. The grass is often wet in the morning because of the dew and/or irrigation systems. I can't just wait until 10-11 to start mowing. Otherwise I would be mowing until dark. Besides, I can start early to not cook in the sun.

That is why some people install LED lighting on their mowers so if they are forced to mow at night they can.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is why some people install LED lighting on their mowers so if they are forced to mow at night they can.

True, but I don't think I would like it. Can't see as much while trimming and blowing.