01-23-11_1031.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 01-23-11_1016.jpg
    01-23-11_1016.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 9

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think around the end of July or August I will start to think of how much fun snow removal was...
Right now... I'm looking forward to GRASS... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
With all the snow, I actually had fun moving it. Lots of seat time.:thumbsup:

Have never used a box blade for snow removal, when I use my RB at an angle for plowing while going forward, sometimes if the snow is heavy and will not slide off the blade it finally drags me to a stop. Does snow build up in a box blade to a greater extent?

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have never used a box blade for snow removal, when I use my RB at an angle for plowing while going forward, sometimes if the snow is heavy and will not slide off the blade it finally drags me to a stop. Does snow build up in a box blade to a greater extent?

Yes it does build up. The first pass I make with the FEL down to open up the driveway. After that I use the box blade to pull the snow to either end of the drive and then either use the FEL or back up with the box blade down to push into piles. Got the idea off of TBN, just found using the box blade easier then the back blade.:biggrin:

Slater

Threads
Love snow removal, but I agree, I am ready for mowing!:thumbsup:

Bobrien

Threads
We don't get a lot of snow in Gig Harbor, but when we do, I enjoy plowing it with my lawn tractor. I have a 1987 John Deere 165 and have a 42" blade. It does a great job clearing snow from our property, and the cross street heading out to the main highway. Last season I added a strip of conveyor belt rubber to the cutting edge, which seems to make a difference. I've attached a picture of a young lady demonstrating the unit.

Attachments

• JD 165 Snow Plow.jpg
    JD 165 Snow Plow.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 11

greenacre

Threads
With the amount of snow we get in Northern Canada, I do not enjoy snow removal. My husband had a heart attack recently, so now I need to find a lightweight piece of equipment to help me do the job.

Bison

Threads
I see it as a neccecairy evil.I don't enjoy it at all,been fighting the stuff since november and its still here.:mad:
It takes to much of my time.
I have a big yard and a 1/2 mile long driveway.

Attachments

• sneeuw 001.jpg
    sneeuw 001.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 13

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
From the looks of the tracks in the snow, you have something there big enough to deal with the snow... :smile:KennyV