Do you enjoy snow removal?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shoveling is fun, for maybe ten minutes, but I do enjoy the activity if the stuff isn't wet and heavy (I term it heart attack snow) but really, really enjoy using one of my toys, which is why I have so many of them. I often do most of my neighbors driveways when we get a heavy snowfall, I'm the only retired guy and it gives me something to do. With that said, how many of you enjoy clearing the white stuff yourselves?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
One vote + for me -- the VENTRAC makes it FUN !

The plow is good, but the Blower is Great !

BKB 2010 Snow.jpg

FebSnow2.jpg

Attachments

• BKB 2010 Snow.bmp
    703.2 KB · Views: 17

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
One vote + for me -- the VENTRAC makes it FUN !

The plow is good, but the Blower is Great !

View attachment 693

View attachment 691

WOW...that is one serious gadget you have...I'd love a blower for my JD but being retired, I can't justify the expense. I have let several of my neighbors (two of which are cops) drive my JD under my supervision and let them plow their driveways, they all said "now I know why you do this, it's FUN"..:biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
WOW...that is one serious gadget you have...I'd love a blower for my JD but being retired, I can't justify the expense. I have let several of my neighbors (two of which are cops) drive my JD under my supervision and let them plow their driveways, they all said "now I know why you do this, it's FUN"..:biggrin:

The Ventrac is 31 HP and made in USA -- No problem with 20" and then 24" snows this past winter. 9 neighbor driveways + 1/2 mile to main road. Ours is a state road, but they did not get here for a week.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find snow removal to be a LOT more enjoyable now that I have heated cabs on all my snow equipment...
I can comfortably remember all the years of having to be in Ice & Snow and all the howling wind.
Turn up the tunes and occasionally sip some hot coffee while making the snow fly... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Ventrac is 31 HP and made in USA -- No problem with 20" and then 24" snows this past winter. 9 neighbor driveways + 1/2 mile to main road. Ours is a state road, but they did not get here for a week.

Bet you are a hero to your neighbors, oh, wait, because you cleared them out they had no excuse for not getting to work, right?:confused2:

grnspot110

Threads
Not really, it's just a job that has to be done! :frown: Depends on the snow, I either use the 74-112 w/37A blower or the 83-420 w/ 54 blade. Of course, there's plenty of hand work to be done too. I blow or blade one neighbor's drive too. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

• GARDEN TRACTORS 272a.jpg
    GARDEN TRACTORS 272a.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 30
  • GARDEN TRACTORS 695 - Copy.jpg
    GARDEN TRACTORS 695 - Copy.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 35

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not really, it's just a job that has to be done! :frown: Depends on the snow, I either use the 74-112 w/37A blower or the 83-420 w/ 54 blade. Of course, there's plenty of hand work to be done too. I blow or blade one neighbor's drive too. ~~ grnspot110

Nice looking 420---I've got an '89 318 with a 54 inch blade (1200 hrs) that I want to restore someday.
Has way more power than traction, even with chains, OEM wheel weights, liquid weight in the tires, and 100 pounds of barbell weights hanging off the back it still didn't have enough traction to push wet, heavy snow. If my JD had a diff lock like the 420 does it would have made a big difference. I use my Honda Foreman ATV now instead, even with no chains, it will push twice the snow in half the time and not chew up the driveways in the process. I can still see the scraping the chains from the 318 made 15 years later (asphalt driveway).

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bet you are a hero to your neighbors, oh, wait, because you cleared them out they had no excuse for not getting to work, right?:confused2:

But, the ones that needed to get to work don't get paid unless they can get to work. :biggrin:

I'm retired.

indypower

Threads
I used to enjoy snowblowing with my walk behind. Now I see it as a chore forcing me out in the cold for 3 hours. The older I get the less I like the cold.