"Deck Wash" system

Ok, finally had a chance to test it out. It is fantastic! If you have this feature, you should definitely use it. Jetblast had it right - its a great deal for just six minutes of time.

Since I hadn't been using it, I found that I had to remove the deck (mower only has 4 hours!) and scrape all the grass scabs off. After that, I mowed the lawn and used the deck wash. Clean as a whistle.

Make sure you lower the deck to the lowest setting (if on concrete or other hard surface) to get the best pressure and circulation.
 
Ok, finally had a chance to test it out. It is fantastic! If you have this feature, you should definitely use it. Jetblast had it right - its a great deal for just six minutes of time.

Since I hadn't been using it, I found that I had to remove the deck (mower only has 4 hours!) and scrape all the grass scabs off. After that, I mowed the lawn and used the deck wash. Clean as a whistle.

Make sure you lower the deck to the lowest setting (if on concrete or other hard surface) to get the best pressure and circulation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To make it work even better cut a piece of plywood wider than the deck and that will just fit between the front and rear wheels. Block it up so the lower deck edge contacts the plywood surface. This method can be done on the lawn without lawn damage.
 
Last edited:
My Brute has a deck washing port. First mower I've owned that has it. Works very well. After cutting the lawn I'll just hook the hose up, run the mower for a minute or so, and the underside is almost completely clean. Then after it cools before putting it away I rinse off the mower to keep it looking clean and new. :smile:
 
I installed one on my Cub Cadet 2164, made out of 1/2" pipe, electrical conduit nuts, and some hose barbs. $20.00 worth of stuff, 40 minutes to drill holes and assemble it, and I think it helps quite a bit.:biggrin::cool:
 
my 2006 yardmachines has it .......but i think it needs another part to work properly.....i just tip the mower on the side and pressure wash it
 
My Toro has it. I put a quick disconnect on the top fitting. I just pull into an area between the bushes on the side of the garage and hook up the hose and run the engine for two minutes. I then shut it off, connect a hand nozzle and hose off the top. All clean and put it away; no hard surface, no fooling with the height adjusters.
 
This spring I bought a new JD Z Trak and it has the wash-out port on it.
I have used it every time from the first mowing.

My deck has nothing but some green stuff around the spindles and after several mowing's yesterday I jacked it up and used a stiff brush and hose and scrubbed it clean.

I added a quick connect to the end of my hose so I don't have to screw the fitting on that snaps on the wash-out port.
LOWER THE DECK it will work MUCH better, I park on a concrete lower the deck and allow it to run for a few minutes then lift it and run for awhile to dry.

After I put the mower away before I wind the hose up I rinse the concrete off into the grass.
These can be bought for less than you Can make one.

How well it works depends on the air flow of the deck how low you put it and how long you run the water.
About 2 minutes on my JD and it is clean as a whistle. :thumbsup:


Putting one of these on an old rustted deck would not work as well you need a nice smothe surface.
 
Back
Top