Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi,
I'm tufnut from nw Arkansas! I ride a old 1250 Hydro ( about a 73 model)
...I need a set of sidecovers for the 1250! Happy mowing!

WELCOME to LMF...

That's a great mower, I have a 1450 that I bought New, it has worked perfectly for decades. I'm about to hook a trailer to it to gather piles of small limbs & twigs I have raked up following our weekend storm...

The side covers... are the same for any 1250, 1450 and 1650... :smile:KennyV

texhobbit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not actually a Cub Cadet owner yet, but I hope to be soon. I have a rather severe mowing issue and I'm hoping the new Cub RZT-S model will solve it for me. Part of my yard is a steep 25 degree embankment. Twelve years ago when I needed a new mower, I tried a lawn tractor. But with the front engine, it would go up the slope fine, but would skid down tearing up turf with one wheel rolling forward and the other spinning backward. So then I tried a Dixon ZTR since it had a rear engine. Again it would go uphill fine, but I had little control of it going down. In fact, I had to hold the lap bars in slight reverse to keep it from running away. Scary! So I ended up with a rear engine riding Snapper that I put aggressive knobbie tires on. And that's what I've been using for the last 12 years. But it's not ideal because I have very little steering control when going uphill. The unweighted front end will just skate. This has gotten me in a real bind on several occasions because there are places on the embankment with obstacles and dropoffs.

So, now I recently learned about the steerable Cub RZT-S and was hoping that someone on the forum could give me some insight about it's suitability for my application before I buy a $3000 "mistake". The Hydro Gear transaxles on ztr mowers have surely improved over the one in the Dixon 12 years ago, but I'm still concerned that the mower won't stop going down a slope if I release the "accelerator". Can anyone with an RZT-S tell me how it will act on a steep hill? Thanks.

SUREYARDS

Threads
HAVE A 2006 ZFORCE 50---MOW 15 YARDS PER WEEK---PRESENTLY HAS 1339 HOURS AND STILL
RUNS FINE---IS ANYONE FAMILAR WITH THE TANK

THANKS

SUREYARDS---TENNESSEE

canmann

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, From Imperial, PA I have a superLT 1550. Bought off a friend, don't know what to make of it yet. It ran about 2/3 of the year, then broke down. Just had it fixed, carb problem, brought it home, went to start it, NOTHING! I'm sure I'll find help here.

stikshooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from south Texas. I have a LT 1050 Cub Cadet I use to keep my acreage mowed and do alittle work on the side keeping neighbors lawns mowed. I f it will ever rain again.:thumbsup:

Wgeorge

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hope I've found a oasis here after spending so much time looking for answers. It's like a big a desert out there, lots of sand and little water: lots of questions, and few answers beyond the noise. Biggest problem is I'm computer illiterate, an 80yo analogue throwback.
I currently own two machines; a deere Z 510 estate. and a 1995 Cub Cadet 1440. The Cub is my mule used for pulling, but it's a bear for mowing (used only in an emergency). The Cub quit on me , the carbs fouled and I'm looking for a tutorial on removing it without disassembling the entire machine. Hope to find it here.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I believe this is your engine, Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V-Twin OHV

These 2 links should help going through the removal & carb repairs...:
Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Briggs and Stratton Intek V-twin Two-Barrel Nikki Carburetor - Part 1
Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Briggs and Stratton Intek V-twin Two-Barrel Nikki Carburetor - Part 2

If this is not your carb... just go to this link : Small Engine, Lawn Mower, Snowthrower Troubleshooting, Repairs and Safety
And scroll down till you see your carb and then select it... :smile:KennyV

jmull

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just joined. Own a LTX 1040 Cub Cadet Mower.

snufuLTX

Forum Newbie
Threads
New member from SW Pennsylvania. Just picked up my new LXT1045. Hopefully I won't be needing help with a break down anytime soon using the forum. But if I need help its good to know I have a place to get some answers. By the way I love the way my new Cub cuts the lawn.

ForumRunner_20120503_164317.png

SUREYARDS

Threads
HAVE SMALL YARD SERVICE IN WHITE BLUFF TENNESSEE---SMALL TOWN 45 MILES WEST OF NASHVILLE----HAVE 25 ACCOUNTS---HAVE A 2006 CC ZFORCE5---GREAT MOWER, NO PROBLEMS,
WILL BUY ANOTHER CC AS I PICKUP ACCOUNTS----AM 66 AND LOVE MOWING, SO ALL YOU YOUNG GUYS OUT THERE, THERE IS LIFE AFTER RETIREMENT.

BEST TO ALL

SURE YARDS---TENNESSEE