Craftsman Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
ok, so the pinheads at sears have been unable to help. I recently bought a dark green craftsman GT 16hp kohler commander 6 spd tractor, and im in desperate need of a model number. no the sticker is not readable. the front is kind of rounded. not square. its a 5 lug rear wheel. it has a 46" deck, but that could be a recent addition. does someone know a model number? or at least another place on the unit to find a number? Maybe a location of another number that can be cross referenced to maybe 4-5 models? thanks in advance matt

Can you post a side front and back pic
And I can give you a model number that will work.

The 5 lug rear wheels means it is a garden tractor.

gunnersm87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can you post a side front and back pic
And I can give you a model number that will work.

The 5 lug rear wheels means it is a garden tractor.

Thanks for writing back. I dont have pics right now, maybe I can describe it until I do get some? Is there something particular youre looking for? I appreciate it a lot. Like to be able to get a manual. Youd think that a straight GT with a kohler 16 would be easy to find info on

flocksoflys

Threads
Hi everybody. I've got a Craftsman lt1000 16.5 hp rider. This looks like the place that can help me with a couple problems.:newhere:

jeff66

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I bought a used LT1000, 2002 model and it seems to mow good! Thanks Jeff66

Dan Riley

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone! I have had several Craftsman Riding mowers over the years. I have a Craftsman GT 3000 .It is a beast! 3 gears with HI/ low lever. 46" cut 20 hp Kohler. 23" rear wheels heafty transaxle. I use it to pull my Trailer around the yard to hook up to my truck. I don't mow with it very much anymore. I just picked up a Snapper Zeroturn.

OleBoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings folks. I just signed up in hopes of bringing more life for my Garden Tractor.
I have a 2002 Craftsman GT3000 (6 speed) 23hp Kohler Pro, w/48" deck & 3-bin bagger that I purchased new in that I've been very happy with. Never a problem aside from two replaced belts.

I'll be asking a few questions in the forums. See you there!
R0IGVbZ.jpg

4DUbDCb.jpg

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Greetings folks. I just signed up in hopes of bringing more life for my Garden Tractor.
I have a 2002 Craftsman GT3000 (6 speed) 23hp Kohler Pro, w/48" deck & 3-bin bagger that I purchased new in the early 90's that I've been very happy with. Never a problem aside from two replaced belts.

I'll be asking a few questions in the forums. See you there!
R0IGVbZ.jpg

4DUbDCb.jpg

Do you have 3 of them...?
One that is a 2002
One that you purchased new in the Early 90's
And one that complies to the 1998 safety standards, as shown on the picture?

Really doesn't matter what year, time flies when your mowing with a dependable machine... belts & blades are expendables, keep mowing....
Good to have you with us. :smile:KennyV

OleBoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Haha! Just one (for now). I thought the label to be too much info.
The above "quoted" post, edited to reflect the correct year of my machine. :wink:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

ehhbr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Craftsman 01.jpg
This mower I got free of charge but I had to install a new deck spindle housing, costing me about $100.00. This is my main mower.
Dynamark 01.jpg
This mower I also got free but had to replace the transmission. I used one from another freebie. This is my standby mower.
Ford 01.jpg
This tractor I rescued from my sons junk pile. I had bought it back in the mid 70s and used it on an acreage but passed it on to my son when I moved in 85. I am thinking of restoring it although I think I will need a motor for it.
Kubota 04.jpg
I also own this Kubota which comes in very handy for our 2 acre lawn and garden hideaway.
Tractors 01.jpg
Here they are all lined up.
Elmer

barbieg2006

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone in the craftsman world... I have a 22 in Craftsman Eager 1 5 Hp. that has power gear drive ..also mulches..
I live in MN. so use it often....Can anyone out there explain to me what the difference between power gear and self propelled walk behind is?
Thank You
Barbieg2006