Choice of Spark Plugs

Whatever comes in the engine. Used to work on outboards and if you put an "equivalent" in some of them you had an unhappy customer coming back.
 
I use what the manufacturer recommends.
Use either briggs branded or champion in briggs.
NGK in Honda.
Any chinese product gets NGK also
 
well lawnranger i still work on cars for a living and i still put in what it came out with cause it does run better and i have seen a few times now that a customer has put in some of these fancy so called great plugs and the car not start had it towd in cause they dont know what they did wrong put the origanal plugs back in it and starts right up and runs great
 
I use what the manufacturer recommends. The manufacturer designed, engineered and built the particular piece of equipment to operate ideally with a specific spark plug or equivalent.

Well to begin with spark plugs are not mated to engines, :rolleyes: and manufacturers don't designed, engineer and build the particular piece of equipment to operate ideally with a specific brand of spark plug. If that were the case then you wouldn't be running champion plugs in lawn mower engines because Champion plugs were and are specified for automotive replacement application.

Engine manufacturers buy there Spark Plugs based on where the engines are made and or from what ever manufacturer they can get the best deal. Yes they use a particular heat range for a specific piece of equipment but that can be done with any plug that's why you can cross reference plugs.
 
I don't believe I've ever had a problem with my mowers that was caused by the spark plug, so I stick with what it came with, usually Champion.
 
well lawnranger i still work on cars for a living and i still put in what it came out with cause it does run better and i have seen a few times now that a customer has put in some of these fancy so called great plugs and the car not start had it towd in cause they dont know what they did wrong put the origanal plugs back in it and starts right up and runs great

After 25 years in the auto industry I have seen it enough times to know better, too.
 
Well to begin with spark plugs are not mated to engines, :rolleyes: and manufacturers don't designed, engineer and build the particular piece of equipment to operate ideally with a specific brand of spark plug. If that were the case then you wouldn't be running champion plugs in lawn mower engines because Champion plugs were and are specified for automotive replacement application.

Engine manufacturers buy there Spark Plugs based on where the engines are made and or from what ever manufacturer they can get the best deal. Yes they use a particular heat range for a specific piece of equipment but that can be done with any plug that's why you can cross reference plugs.

I expected nothing less. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
Years ago the only spark plug that I ever had problem with was Champion. If you flooded your engine they would not refire. Don't know if that still happens. I do still use Champion, they seem to have a larger selection in the big box stores.
 
All of my ATV's Snowmobiles and what not get NGK
My chevys get AC DELCO,
Saws get NGK, 4 Mix Engines get Bosch.
Motorcycle gets Denso.
I have tried Different Plugs in Older Chevy motors and could tell a Difference same with Ford and motorcraft.
If I had a Chevy motor that was worked I still ran Delco unless I needed to run a short plug then I ran Accel or some NGK's.
 
I stumbled across this information while doing a little research. Click on the link, go to page 17, look under the title heading "Spark Plug" on the top half of the page, go to the outlined box that has the word "IMPORTANT" in upper case and bold letters. Take careful notice of what the warning says and implies. Even with evidence like this, I'd be willing to bet there is still at least one person on this forum that will argue the point.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Here is the link: http://www.echo-usa.com/getattachment/de2bcd12-cae2-4156-93f5-cdeabdf40638/PAS230es1112_121411.pdf

I can hear the nay-sayers already - "but, but, but, it doesn't matter." Tell Echo that they are wrong.:laughing::laughing::laughing:
 
Back
Top