Carb linkage

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm just trying to get a solution to my problem. Last thing I would want to do is bury myself. Though it may have come across as such. This guy Rivet just seemed to be more about his ego(my opinion) then giving me any real help.
I can tell you it has nothing to do with ego. It has to do with the fact that we ask this question 50 times a day not only on here but also at our own shops. And you would not believe how many times people have absolutely no clue what they even have. Most even walk into the repair shop without a model number and then get upset because when we don't know what Kohler engine they have and can't find their part or even look up parts. or somebody will want help on their Briggs engine but after going back and forth and finally getting the model number found out it is a Tecumseh. So Rivets may of come across somewhat irritated when he responded but the truth is we deal with this every day and then people think we are cross sometimes. And the truth is after dealing with totally idiot customers everyday we have a right to be sarcastic and in some cases obnoxious. So if you don't like people having attitudes sometimes that is unfortunate.. But I would restrain from continuing the personal attacks on Rivets before you get in trouble resulting in suspension or banned. And by the way most of the pro techs have put you on ignore or have walked away from you.

Kirok

Threads
As Scrub said, all of these guys are very knowledgeable when it comes to small engines and equipment. They volunteer their services on this forum. I read and learn a lot on this forum though I mostly lurk rather that waste their time, which is what you are doing. Probably 95% of the first posters here don't supply the numbers or pics that are necessary to help you solve your problem. Remember, you asked them for help. I can tell you are inexperienced and new to this. I'm 70 years old and have done all the service on numerous lawn mowers, chain saws, edgers, weed eaters, motorcycles, automobiles and trucks etc. These guys all know a lot more than I do. God gave you 1 mouth and 2 ears because he expects you to listen twice as much as talk. Mouths are to ask questions and ears are to hear answers. That's how you learn. What was the first symptom that something was wrong with your mower. Running wide open from a faulty governor?
Muddy51 I have no issue with the expertise of anyone on this forum. I am no small engine expert. I know enough to get me in trouble. Maybe I can explain it this way. So I install CCTV systems. I'm pretty good at what I do like the guys on this forum. I install all types of cameras from the kinds you see in banks to cameras that some of the guys here probably have in the shops. So if say Rivet has one of his important cameras lose video. He can do one or two things. One he can call Joe camera guy to come do a service call which will cost $200. So say Joe finds the camera is kaput. So Joe camera guy gives Rivet an estimate of $700 to install new camera plus labor. So Rivet is in for almost a grand to replace the camera. So Rivet decides to find a forum with the subject matter being cameras. He signs up and starts a thread stating he has a camera that has no video and would like some help figuring out what it is? Kirok who is a subject matter expert with cameras is the first to reply. Two ways Kirok replies." We are not mind readers on this forum and we can't help you with what you are telling us." Kind of rude. Kirok could also reply this way, "so we'd like to help you, but we need more information about the camera" Much better way to ask. How would anyone on this forum reply back to Kirok on the first reply example? You'd probably tell Kirok to go F himself. God may have given me ears and a mouth. He also gave me a brain and the smarts to know when someone is being a punk. That's what Rivet was. If he asked like in my second example, you and I would not be having this exchange. Instead, I would have given Rivet all the info he needed. Again it's all in the delivery and Rivet delivered with a smart ass remark.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have to agree that new members simply don't understand that we need specific model information. I get the same thing here in my shop. It does seem like I explain the need until I am blue in the face. These are very same that goes to an auto parts store as say I got Chevy and I need a timing chain. They get all the same questions; just for different line of equipment.

Now Rivets is a diamond in the rough in my opinion as he has nearly bitten off my head a few times too. I actually ignored him for a couple months as I was irritated by him.

What really irritates me is when I need help and there is no one that is experience in the problem I have. I basically just quit asking my questions on my internal problems at my shop.

Kirok

Threads
I can tell you it has nothing to do with ego. It has to do with the fact that we ask this question 50 times a day not only on here but also at our own shops. And you would not believe how many times people have absolutely no clue what they even have. Most even walk into the repair shop without a model number and then get upset because when we don't know what Kohler engine they have and can't find their part or even look up parts. or somebody will want help on their Briggs engine but after going back and forth and finally getting the model number found out it is a Tecumseh. So Rivets may of come across somewhat irritated when he responded but the truth is we deal with this every day and then people think we are cross sometimes. And the truth is after dealing with totally idiot customers everyday we have a right to be sarcastic and in some cases obnoxious. So if you don't like people having attitudes sometimes that is unfortunate.. But I would restrain from continuing the personal attacks on Rivets before you get in trouble resulting in suspension or banned. And by the way most of the pro techs have put you on ignore or have walked away from you.
I am done with Rivets. If Rivets has a short wick because he can't handle something, then that's on Rivets. I didn't do anything wrong out of the gate in asking for help. Irritated or not, no one has the right to be rude to someone who doesn't have the skill set or working knowledge that you guys have. I deal with idiot customers everyday too in what I do. I'm never rude to them because they don't ask a question the right way. At least they are asking questions because they want to learn. If I answered their questions the way Rivets initially answered mine, I wouldn't have too much of a customer base. That is a fact. I also can't control what the other techs do. If they ignore me or walk away, then again that's on them. Again I simply came here for help from you guys and not argue with the entire forum.

Kirok

Threads
I have to agree that new members simply don't understand that we need specific model information. I get the same thing here in my shop. It does seem like I explain the need until I am blue in the face. These are very same that goes to an auto parts store as say I got Chevy and I need a timing chain. They get all the same questions; just for different line of equipment.

Now Rivets is a diamond in the rough in my opinion as he has nearly bitten off my head a few times too. I actually ignored him for a couple months as I was irritated by him.

What really irritates me is when I need help and there is no one that is experience in the problem I have. I basically just quit asking my questions on my internal problems at my shop.
That's what happens with some customers. I install cameras. Say I installed a system in your shop. You could ask me a question about how it operates. I can explain how it works seven ways to Sunday, but if you still don't get it, I can't be rude to you. I just have be patient and work with you until you get it. If Rivets is rough around the edges, then maybe the administrators of this forum need to let him know to cool his jets on how he replies. Especially to Newbies like myself.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Muddy51 I have no issue with the expertise of anyone on this forum. I am no small engine expert. I know enough to get me in trouble. Maybe I can explain it this way. So I install CCTV systems. I'm pretty good at what I do like the guys on this forum. I install all types of cameras from the kinds you see in banks to cameras that some of the guys here probably have in the shops. So if say Rivet has one of his important cameras lose video. He can do one or two things. One he can call Joe camera guy to come do a service call which will cost $200. So say Joe finds the camera is kaput. So Joe camera guy gives Rivet an estimate of $700 to install new camera plus labor. So Rivet is in for almost a grand to replace the camera. So Rivet decides to find a forum with the subject matter being cameras. He signs up and starts a thread stating he has a camera that has no video and would like some help figuring out what it is? Kirok who is a subject matter expert with cameras is the first to reply. Two ways Kirok replies." We are not mind readers on this forum and we can't help you with what you are telling us." Kind of rude. Kirok could also reply this way, "so we'd like to help you, but we need more information about the camera" Much better way to ask. How would anyone on this forum reply back to Kirok on the first reply example? You'd probably tell Kirok to go F himself. God may have given me ears and a mouth. He also gave me a brain and the smarts to know when someone is being a punk. That's what Rivet was. If he asked like in my second example, you and I would not be having this exchange. Instead, I would have given Rivet all the info he needed. Again it's all in the delivery and Rivet delivered with a smart ass remark.
The question is what is rude or offensive to you and is the same rude & offensive to me ?
What I think is humour others think is an insult .so I don't bother any more .
I find any refference to God extreamly offensive as being a scientist and having done post graduate research in mind manipulation I believe all religions are massive scams
But if you want to say "god bless " because I have fixed your problem I just grin & bear it because that is the way we should behave in a civilised society .
And if you want to attribute your success with what I told you to "god" then that is your problem not mine .

Now if we were to couch every replay in a manner that would not be able to be made to be offensive to every person who might read the responces then every reply would be 10,000 words long.
If you find Rivets offensive then the right thing to do is for you to use the "ignore" function
You can do the same to me if it makes you feel good
FWIW currently I have quite a few people on the ignore list because I don't have the time to argue with morons .

You are no more important than any one else
So no the moderators do not need to pull any one back in line unless they are contravining the forum rules
If you don't like any ones attitude then just hit the ignore button unless you have never grown past the throwing a tantrum stage .

Now we could just post
Make?
Model ?
serial ?
and at times I have done just that
And believe it or not even this has gotten angry replied from the poster
You can not please every body

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OR could brought some WI-FI range extenders that the company has no idea how setup the product they made. O got two 1/4 extenders that are totally useless because I can't get the company to give the system password.

Kirok

Threads
The question is what is rude or offensive to you and is the same rude & offensive to me ?
What I think is humour others think is an insult .so I don't bother any more .
I find any refference to God extreamly offensive as being a scientist and having done post graduate research in mind manipulation I believe all religions are massive scams
But if you want to say "god bless " because I have fixed your problem I just grin & bear it because that is the way we should behave in a civilised society .
And if you want to attribute your success with what I told you to "god" then that is your problem not mine .

Now if we were to couch every replay in a manner that would not be able to be made to be offensive to every person who might read the responces then every reply would be 10,000 words long.
If you find Rivets offensive then the right thing to do is for you to use the "ignore" function
You can do the same to me if it makes you feel good
FWIW currently I have quite a few people on the ignore list because I don't have the time to argue with morons .

You are no more important than any one else
So no the moderators do not need to pull any one back in line unless they are contravining the forum rules
If you don't like any ones attitude then just hit the ignore button unless you have never grown past the throwing a tantrum stage .

Now we could just post
Make?
Model ?
serial ?
and at times I have done just that
And believe it or not even this has gotten angry replied from the poster
You can not please every body
I'm with you. Religions are all a scam. I do believe in a higher power though. Maybe not God as religions see him. I have no intention of pushing "ignore" to anyone. I am also not here to debate or argue about anything I know little to nothing about. I'm just trying to resolve my issue and if I can learn from the guys here, then bonus.

JjEjFjF

Threads
Don't quit your day job bud, cause you are a legend in your own mind when it comes to your comedic genius quick wit.
I agree with you. This guy Rivets is an ignorant condescending know it all asshole.