Carb linkage

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I don't watch youtube videos as most are unless hacks. And I am not very active on any forums when comes to asking for help as most can't help on my problems. I have to figure it out on my own by looking at the IPLs.

I help here just to keep up on my research skills.

Kirok

Threads
I was brand new to mowers 11 years ago when I bought the repair run
While I knew engines inside out, all the rest of the bits were new to me
So apart from spending 10 hours a night watching U-tube videos I joined just about every mower forum on the web ( there are a lot of them )
I only activily post on 4 of them as I am considered unAmerican , communist & even worse to some forums unchristian.
However what I have notice is ay least 1/3 of the people who post here also post the same problem on all of them and probably 20 face book groups as well because they are the most important person on the planet so if he wants to go then well & good
I posted only to this forum. For me, I just wanted to get some advice from guys who knew more then I did. After all, you guys see this stuff day in and day out. I may, out of the box didn't furnish enough info for someone to help me, but to my defense, when someone starts off with a punk ass remark, well it's on like Donkey Kong. Like I have posted previously, I didn't come here to debate about or argue about whose dick is bigger. I sply came here to get help for my issue. Now, I am obviously not the first guy to get
I don't watch youtube videos as most are unless hacks. And I am not very active on any forums when comes to asking for help as most can't help on my problems. I have to figure it out on my own by looking at the IPLs.

I help here just to keep up on my research skills.
So this weekend I was going to order a new throttle cable and a spring kit. Well I was surfing through YouTube and behold I came across a video with a guy who had the same exact problem. He had a link to the actual cause. Well of course it wasn't good. I'm assuming this guy was well versed in small engines. So he had the engine apart and he showed the internal governor parts all broken. He said it was a $100+ in parts. Not sure what labor would be on something like that? Anyway, not sure what I want to do on this one? Send it to a small engine guy for repair or just go buy another mower?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As I posted before Kirok
What you consider to be a smart ares comment , others consider as funny .
However when one is asking for free help from people who make their living by charging people for the same information it is not a good idea to go on the offensive
Biting the tounge is always better option
When I have taken up a posting , if the person does not do what is asked then I just go away
So you will see a lot of threads when I asked for model number or tasked the poster with some tests they did not bother reply to or do then I just stop posting on that thread .
Some times I will drop a
if you can't be bothered then I can be bothered either " line
That is not for the original poster but for other techs so they know I have given up
The regular techs have a sort of unwritten rule that when one takes up a post we mostly butt out .
This is because we all have different ways of doing the same thing and people not familiar with the gear find this confusing .

When some one starts to take a swing at any tech on here I refuse to give them any assistance either & most of the regular posting techs will do the same .
None of us expect posters to crawl or lick our butts however none of us tollerate abuse when none was warranted .

Kirok

Threads
As I posted before Kirok
What you consider to be a smart ares comment , others consider as funny .
However when one is asking for free help from people who make their living by charging people for the same information it is not a good idea to go on the offensive
Biting the tounge is always better option
When I have taken up a posting , if the person does not do what is asked then I just go away
So you will see a lot of threads when I asked for model number or tasked the poster with some tests they did not bother reply to or do then I just stop posting on that thread .
Some times I will drop a
if you can't be bothered then I can be bothered either " line
That is not for the original poster but for other techs so they know I have given up
The regular techs have a sort of unwritten rule that when one takes up a post we mostly butt out .
This is because we all have different ways of doing the same thing and people not familiar with the gear find this confusing .

When some one starts to take a swing at any tech on here I refuse to give them any assistance either & most of the regular posting techs will do the same .
None of us expect posters to crawl or lick our butts however none of us tollerate abuse when none was warranted .
Yeah...well how about someone like a tech who takes the first swing? See if you read my first post, you'd see I gave a general description of what I did and what the trouble condition was. Now I'm no small engine tech, so I'm not going to know right out of the box that I need to furnish model numbers etc. When Rivets who was the first to reply to my thread just had of stayed on point and simply asked me for the information he needed, I would have happily done so. Instead he opened with a smart ass remark , which I obviously didn't appreciate. So it was on. It's funny because I have seen replies where a couple of guys have had issues with Rivets. One guy calling him an asshole. So although you and a few others think I overreacted with Rivets, I disagree. The few other guys who didn't have good things to say about him kind of backs my point. Also, let's understand something. I do realize that techs take the time to help out in this forum. For those few who did help me, I am very grateful. Maybe it's a loyalty thing with you guys and that's fine, but when a "newbie", as I was/am, I'm not expecting to be chastised from the get go. That's something you would never do to a customer and although I'm not a customer I sure the hell don't expect it from a professional tech who volunteers their time to help those who have an issue and it may not be in their wheelhouse.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And this is the whole point that you apparently can not grasp.
Rivets first & second posts were not taking a swing at you.
It was just an attempt to get the basic information that we need in order to help you

The problem is YOU decided to take offence

If I had seen your post before Rivets did then you would have got

1) forums are like computers ,, garbage in = garbage out so post the make model & serial number of your engine and the same for what it is attached to won't hurt either .
If I had the time & there was not a lot happens that day

2) On models 987654321 the fractal valve often gets stuck / the smoke is obviously missing from the wires / on my 1918 B2 I found that ....... or something equally flippant If I am feeing in a mischevious mood

3) The Lord helps those who help themselves the rest of us need more information.....

4) Make ?
Model?
Serial ?
If I am a short on time , cranky or having internet problems

Now the difference between Rivets & me is when you came back with an insult aimed directly at him ( Don't quit your day job ) the only response you would have gotten from me was
Good buy & good luck there are people who want my help out there, you obviously don't .

Note YOU were not called any names and nothing was directed at YOU in person
So it was YOU who decided to take offence .
No one called YOU any names until you threw insults and even then the offer of help was there if you did what your were asked for .

No one picks a fight with me because after your second reply I hot link to your profile & hit the ignore button
My grandfather taught me never to argue with an idiot because they will drag the arguement down to their pathetic level then beat you by virtue of their greater experience at that level of stupidity.
So I just ignore & would have ignored you because with your attitude you are not worth the effort in my opinion .

However on the odd occasion that I have continued in a heated exchange then there would be plenty of other idiots to stand behind you because they think I am arrogant, nasty, communist , unchristian & unAmerican , all of which are totally wrong apart from being an sceptic bordering on athiest .
To which my reply is usually "despite what commonly thought by 4 year olds the 60,000,000 flies are all wrong and you should not eat schitt "

I seriously doubt that any of this will sink in but it needs to be said
The problem is in YOUR mind & YOUR mind alone .
If you get your jollies by finding reasons to be offended then you have my sympathies because you must live a really myserable life .
And with this, you go on my ignore list as well so feel free to rampage if it makes you feel like a real man because I will not see a word of it .

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sometimes a person must admit they are in over their head on a project. Internet is great at times and not so much at other times. You have to take things in stride. When you are unfamiliar with the equipment does not help things. Even with my experience of working on equipment for 50 yrs there are things that I get lost on myself. Every piece of equipment can be unique. Asking for help at times is useless as most shops don't like having competition even they are overloaded on work.

It is like the Kawasaki FR730V I just wrote off. Customer brings in the ZTR with the engine running in one cylinder. First I find the ignition coil bad and then then two push rods bent. I assumed the valve had started sticking in the guides. So I ordered a head kit. Well Saturday I finally got to the engine. I pulled the head to only find the piston sitting proud of the cylinder. I turn the crankshaft and the piston didn't move I had at a broken rod. I pull the engine and tear down. Sure enough the rod is shattered. Upon closer inspection I find the piston shattered too along with in the side of cylinder block. Four hours wasted along with $300 in parts. At least I can still keep the head for later though #1 head seldom fails.

Did I go around pissing everyone off? No I just accepted it and moved on to the next project after giving the customer the bad news that he needs a new engine.

It been a bad start this year as I been cleaning out my bank account trying to repair things. I done spent nearly $6000 on parts that haven't been sold yet. It seems everything that comes in is a major problem. It like people picking up the rejects and expecting someone to repair them.

At least I work have of my work load in the last week. Most of following are awaiting parts. Those in progress are the ones I have just got parts in for.
1648977254405.png

Kirok

Threads
And this is the whole point that you apparently can not grasp.
Rivets first & second posts were not taking a swing at you.
It was just an attempt to get the basic information that we need in order to help you

The problem is YOU decided to take offence

If I had seen your post before Rivets did then you would have got

1) forums are like computers ,, garbage in = garbage out so post the make model & serial number of your engine and the same for what it is attached to won't hurt either .
If I had the time & there was not a lot happens that day

2) On models 987654321 the fractal valve often gets stuck / the smoke is obviously missing from the wires / on my 1918 B2 I found that ....... or something equally flippant If I am feeing in a mischevious mood

3) The Lord helps those who help themselves the rest of us need more information.....

4) Make ?
Model?
Serial ?
If I am a short on time , cranky or having internet problems

Now the difference between Rivets & me is when you came back with an insult aimed directly at him ( Don't quit your day job ) the only response you would have gotten from me was
Good buy & good luck there are people who want my help out there, you obviously don't .

Note YOU were not called any names and nothing was directed at YOU in person
So it was YOU who decided to take offence .
No one called YOU any names until you threw insults and even then the offer of help was there if you did what your were asked for .

No one picks a fight with me because after your second reply I hot link to your profile & hit the ignore button
My grandfather taught me never to argue with an idiot because they will drag the arguement down to their pathetic level then beat you by virtue of their greater experience at that level of stupidity.
So I just ignore & would have ignored you because with your attitude you are not worth the effort in my opinion .

However on the odd occasion that I have continued in a heated exchange then there would be plenty of other idiots to stand behind you because they think I am arrogant, nasty, communist , unchristian & unAmerican , all of which are totally wrong apart from being an sceptic bordering on athiest .
To which my reply is usually "despite what commonly thought by 4 year olds the 60,000,000 flies are all wrong and you should not eat schitt "

I seriously doubt that any of this will sink in but it needs to be said
The problem is in YOUR mind & YOUR mind alone .
If you get your jollies by finding reasons to be offended then you have my sympathies because you must live a really myserable life .
And with this, you go on my ignore list as well so feel free to rampage if it makes you feel like a real man because I will not see a word of it .
Bert if you have read any of the previous post, you would have seen that a couple of guys didn't have your take on Rivets. One guy even calling him an asshole(excuse my French). So no, I don't agree with you on your assessment of Rivets and myself or let me say, I agree to disagree.