BLower Brand???

Blower Brand???

• Total voters

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This business I feel doesn't get the respect it deserves. And to me the lack of respect derives from the guys who run a unorganized company and just give off the overall impression that they are just in this business for beer or extra money. Here in Southeast TN the lawn and landscape industry is for the most part taken seriously. Due to the competition being so competitive. There is room in the residential market but as far as commercial jobs go the market is one sided. A lot of these guys out just look at the lawn mowing business as something to do for extra money and that it's not a real way to make a living. As I've stated before the landscaping business will, if run correctly, make you more money than having a decent job that requires a college degree.

I agree with you, the business doesn't get the respect it deserves. I mean how can it. How can a legit company who doing things the right way earn respect when you have guys showing up with there home made trailers, with Mowers and Equipment they buy at Walmart or some other discount store and call themselves Professional lawn Care Company's. They buy a cheap mower and think it's going to be easy money, think they are going to rich quick. I think when the perspective client sees that home made trailer it should be a red flag enough.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
This lumps me in with the people who are not serious about their job and BTW I've used most commercial equipment exception of the new 30" so ya it can be a little personal

Ok if you have done what you say and have run most commercial grade equipment then you should know there's a big difference between residential and commercial equipment. Now do I think your serious about the job your trying to do :confused3:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Professional non professional, good impression, bad impression, dollar for dollar, the Poulan Pro 200 MPH hand held blower I have has been one of the handiest and best buys I have had since I have been running. I ran two or three tanks of gas through it today on leaves. Cranks every time. Does a great job. Would definitely buy another if that one quit today.

Parkmower

Threads
We have a echo PB 250LN. And as I'm not an echo fan. But this blower has been a champ. Prob over 5 years of hard commercial use and no problems. It cleans sidewalks and paved areas for hours almost every day all summer long.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Hears the think i see all Sthil,Echo,an Shindiawa is all good equipment.

Some Husqavarna an Redmax is alright stuff but its all about personal Preference. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hears the think i see all Sthil,Echo,an Shindiawa is all good equipment.

Some Husqavarna an Redmax is alright stuff but its all about personal Preference. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree it is about personal and individual preference for the individual. However from the Business perspective it's about what the client and perspective client can relate too. I think as LCO's we have a tendency to think that clients and perspective clients are stupid but there not. On more occasions than I can count I've had people comment on my trailer set up and the equipment I run and mention Stihl. I've had perspective clients stop at my house early in the morning while I'm getting ready to go and walk up my drive and guess where there eyes a focused and what's discussed, my trailer to see what equipment I'm running. From the Business perspective it's all about Impression and what you portray and do that can make you or break you.

Threads
I agree it is about personal and individual preference for the individual. However from the Business perspective it's about what the client and perspective client can relate too. I think as LCO's we have a tendency to think that clients and perspective clients are stupid but there not. On more occasions than I can count I've had people comment on my trailer set up and the equipment I run and mention Stihl. I've had perspective clients stop at my house early in the morning while I'm getting ready to go and walk up my drive and guess where there eyes a focused and what's discussed, my trailer to see what equipment I'm running. From the Business perspective it's all about Impression and what you portray and do that can make you or break you.

Yeah I agree with that. I don't have super commercial equipment, but I do have good stuff and keep it looking nice. Multiple times I have had people come up to me and ask what I thought about a piece of my equipment. One of my customers bought an HRX, and another was interested in the Echo blower, but they couldn't justify a $200 purchase.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah I agree with that. I don't have super commercial equipment, but I do have good stuff and keep it looking nice. Multiple times I have had people come up to me and ask what I thought about a piece of my equipment. One of my customers bought an HRX, and another was interested in the Echo blower, but they couldn't justify a $200 purchase.

That's your typical homeowner, can't justify the price. That's why they end up at Home Depot buying there junk. Speaking of HD I was there yesterday picking up a few bags of mulch to finish a job and found a Personal Pace 21" Toro for $200.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
That's your typical homeowner, can't justify the price. That's why they end up at Home Depot buying there junk. Speaking of HD I was there yesterday picking up a few bags of mulch to finish a job and found a Personal Pace 21" Toro for $200.

Did u buy it?
:laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did u buy it?
:laughing:

No, I had no use for thing, I have my Turfmaster and two 21" mowers already. I talked to the guy there and he told me someone had purchased the mower and took it home, mowed there lawn and brought it back and got a refund. He said people do it all the time. He said the mower was perfectly fine. They had three sitting on the floor.