BLower Brand???

Blower Brand???

• Total voters

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know about inferior equipment. I have two Kubota zero turns, two sets of Stihl hedge trimmers, a Stihl blower, and a Stihl string trimmer. I just have a Poulan Pro blower that has run no telling how many hours with no problems.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ya I have cheap equipment and guess what I do just as good a job as you and have lots pride in what I do my garbage hedge trimmer does just as good a job as stihl or echo will it last as long probably not but right now its reliable and does a fantastic job. Argue with me all you want ric it accomplishes nothing you are proud and I like that but you are very arrogant over and out bub

Now what got your panties in a bunch? Were we talking about you or are you just making assumptions again?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The thing is or the problem as I see it is, people who purchase Stihl equipment are serious about there jobs and want there jobs to look professional and have there businesses viewed as such so there willing to buy the right equipment to do the job, any job that someone wants to have done. You say I think they like to spend to much money and I can understand your statement considering you never used or purchased a good piece of commercial grade equipment in your life and wouldn't no the difference.

This lumps me in with the people who are not serious about their job and BTW I've used most commercial equipment exception of the new 30" so ya it can be a little personal

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The thing is or the problem as I see it is, people who purchase Stihl equipment are serious about there jobs and want there jobs to look professional and have there businesses viewed as such so there willing to buy the right equipment to do the job, any job that someone wants to have done. You say I think they like to spend to much money and I can understand your statement considering you never used or purchased a good piece of commercial grade equipment in your life and wouldn't no the difference.

This lumps me in with the people who are not serious about their job and BTW I've used most commercial equipment exception of the new 30" so ya it can be a little personal

From what I can see the statement I made was my opinion and that people who show up with 25, 35K in commercial equipment can not afford not to be serious about what they do. Now if your asking me if I would consider you a serious LCO, honestly the answer would be no, not with what you bring to the table.

LoCo86

Threads

I would agree that Stihl has the best hand held power equipment out there, but that does not mean that they are not a professional from not having it. For example here most of the larger companies use Red Max. Probably not because they want too, but more than likely because they got good pricing on a bulk deal. They look just as professional as anyone running a Stihl. And by the fact the company makes over a million dollars a year others must think they look professional also.

To me run what you feel comfortable with until you can buy better commercial equipment that can take years of abuse. I do however agree with Ric that you want to have a professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. Such as but not limited to nice equipment maybe dressed in a uniform, having a clean personal appearance, running clean equipment and just being organized by not having three people get out the truck and look around at each other for five minutes wondering who is going to do what.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would agree that Stihl has the best hand held power equipment out there, but that does not mean that they are not a professional from not having it. For example here most of the larger companies use Red Max. Probably not because they want too, but more than likely because they got good pricing on a bulk deal. They look just as professional as anyone running a Stihl. And by the fact the company makes over a million dollars a year others must think they look professional also.

To me run what you feel comfortable with until you can buy better commercial equipment that can take years of abuse. I do however agree with Ric that you want to have a professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. Such as but not limited to nice equipment maybe dressed in a uniform, having a clean personal appearance, running clean equipment and just being organized by not having three people get out the truck and look around at each other for five minutes wondering who is going to do what.

I agree with you it's all about having that professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. I have to laugh about this discussion about professionalism and having a clean personal appearance, having real nice vehicles, running clean high end equipment and trailers and having it organized can make all the difference in the world. I debated this subject from the other side and telling these guys spouting all that crap they were nuts and it didn't matter as long as you were doing the job. Well over the years of debating this subject and running my business I have found to my amazement that they were right and I was wrong, all that stuff does matter and does make a difference. In this business what you portray or what you represent is the name you earn.

LoCo86

Threads
I agree with you it's all about having that professional look about you when you pull up to a job-site. I have to laugh about this discussion about professionalism and having a clean personal appearance, having real nice vehicles, running clean high end equipment and trailers and having it organized can make all the difference in the world. I debated this subject from the other side and telling these guys spouting all that crap they were nuts and it didn't matter as long as you were doing the job. Well over the years of debating this subject and running my business I have found to my amazement that they were right and I was wrong, all that stuff does matter and does make a difference. In this business what you portray or what you represent is the name you earn.

This business I feel doesn't get the respect it deserves. And to me the lack of respect derives from the guys who run a unorganized company and just give off the overall impression that they are just in this business for beer or extra money. Here in Southeast TN the lawn and landscape industry is for the most part taken seriously. Due to the competition being so competitive. There is room in the residential market but as far as commercial jobs go the market is one sided. A lot of these guys out just look at the lawn mowing business as something to do for extra money and that it's not a real way to make a living. As I've stated before the landscaping business will, if run correctly, make you more money than having a decent job that requires a college degree.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
This business I feel doesn't get the respect it deserves. And to me the lack of respect derives from the guys who run a unorganized company and just give off the overall impression that they are just in this business for beer or extra money. Here in Southeast TN the lawn and landscape industry is for the most part taken seriously. Due to the competition being so competitive. There is room in the residential market but as far as commercial jobs go the market is one sided. A lot of these guys out just look at the lawn mowing business as something to do for extra money and that it's not a real way to make a living. As I've stated before the landscaping business will, if run correctly, make you more money than having a decent job that requires a college degree.

Wise words LoCo86 :thumbsup: