anyone familiar with this particular flywheel key?

juntjoo

Threads
How do you tell the difference in how it runs being too rich or too lean? tomorrow I'll try tightening that idle speed adjustment screw. seems if I screw it in more it i will open up the throttle to give some more rpms at least. didn't finish mowing lawn the way it's running in the vid

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
duh? lol. youi must be blast at parties
Well you asked the stupid question when I had already indicated it was from the service manual.

Bare with me too as I dealing with the Idiot/Moron Ran Service (IRS) Taxpayer Advocacy Center. Going on 5 years and getting no where. Now I having to switch to a non profit operation because they are refusing to straighten out my account. So yes I a lot pissed otherwised. Matter of fact I just sent in my 1040 with no payment because of the idiocy.

juntjoo

Threads
Well you asked the stupid question when I had already indicated it was from the service manual.

Bare with me too as I dealing with the Idiot/Moron Ran Service (IRS) Taxpayer Advocacy Center. Going on 5 years and getting no where. Now I having to switch to a non profit operation because they are refusing to straighten out my account. So yes I a lot pissed otherwised. Matter of fact I just sent in my 1040 with no payment because of the idiocy.
I didn't know service manuals were just floating around for free for small engines. For vehicles I've always had to buy one. We'll that's good to know!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I didn't know service manuals were just floating around for free for small engines. For vehicles I've always had to buy one. We'll that's good to know!
Well many are not. I just happen to have Kohler dealer access to the manuals and technical bulletins for one thing. But the Kohler service manuals are available online for most of their engines.

Plus this particular manual is available online.

https://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/14_690_01_EN.pdf

Last edited:

juntjoo

Threads
Well many are not. I just happen to have Kohler dealer access to the manuals and technical bulletins for one thing. But the Kohler service manuals are available online for most of their engines.

Plus this particular manual is available online.

https://resources.kohler.com/power/kohler/enginesUS/pdf/14_690_01_EN.pdf
Aha! So my ignorance is partially justified.. I'll sleep well tonight

I got it working with another carb that still needs work but I think I'd prefer this one cuz it's got all the original linkage on it my current on doesn't. Do I need the throttle and choke linked like that the way you see they're linked with the metal bar between them? As far as I can tell playing with it it opens the choke a bit while throttle is in idle position. This mower has worked fine with it originally or without it.

juntjoo

Threads
How open should the throttle be on these or just push mowers in general? Seems my throttle has plenty of opening room that would pull more power out of it, though not sure that would be it's main issue. Looks like it's running a little rich yes?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1705100935956.png