Animal waste

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did think your post was well writtem but when I tried to reply to it my laptop wouldn't permit me to scroll to the bottom of the blank area. For some reason when I am on LMF many times when trying to answer to a post, my computer will not let me scroll down to the blank area, the cursor keeps jumping up into the body of the text the last poster made. I have the same problem whether I use the touchpad or an external mouse. But it is not always that way...:confused2:

Your not the only one, it happens to me to, it's as if they don't want long posts here:laughing:. I find it very annoying. I have to use the up and down arrows to navigate the text.
Why don't you consult Muahammad about this?

Jetblast

Threads
RobertBrown, post #32 in this thread from Bison was a troll intended to set me off, and it did. I have no regrets about my replies, but I guess you can't be blamed for not finding them as funny as I did. I tend to stay away from emoticons and exclamation points, so the attempts at humor are not always detectible. And for the record, "hillbilly" isn't a geographical description to me, it's a state of mind.

I'm not suggesting anyone call law enforcement, as in the police or county sheriff. I'm suggesting they call their animal control department. This is why they exist.

Bison

Threads
I guess my last post must have been a thread killer comment ? :anyone:

No,it wasn't,but i have the same problem as JDGreen(curser keeps jumping in the tread) so i couldn't finnish what i wanted to say.

Bison

Threads
RobertBrown, post #32 in this thread from Bison was a troll intended to set me off, and it did. I have no regrets about my replies, but I guess you can't be blamed for not finding them as funny as I did. I tend to stay away from emoticons and exclamation points, so the humor is not always detectible. And for the record, "hillbilly" isn't a geographical description to me, it's a state of mind.

I'm not suggesting anyone call law enforcement, as in the police or county sheriff. I'm suggesting they call their animal control department. This is why they exist.
Look man,i wasn't trolling at at al.
I ain't a politician and say what is on my mind.

I have a bison ranch out in a remote area in northern Can,I love animals,i make my living from them.
I have enough trouble with coyotes,wolves and the occasional bear.
I ain't in the mood nor have the time to have to deal with feral or stray dogs that are dropped of in the area by people that don't want them anymore for what ever reason.These dogs become my problem,these kind of dogs are not your usual little friendly house dogs either.
Most are pit bulls,rothweilers,shepards and such.

FYI,no one gives a hood.I'm done with our local SPCA who do not come to pick up these animals when i'm able to catch them.I have to bring them there(30 ml one way)
As i stated before,Law enforcement and wardens can't be bothered by them either.

Our neighbors on the average keep big dogs for their own protection from mentioned coyotes and bears.
They used to let them roam the neighbor hood,repeated efforts on my side to have them keep them home have failed (read my posts)till i started to kill them off.
Today,these people phone me if their dog is missing.

The feral dog problem remains.I treat them as coyotes.
They get a bullet,like it or not.There is 3 roaming the place right now,they're as wild as coyotes.

mystreba

Threads
I have another perspective to add. I love having all the birds and deer and squirrels around - used to feed 'em all the time. I had elaborate bird feeders and spent $100/month on seed. Until three members of my family (myself included) contracted Lyme disease. If you've never had it or don't know someone who's had it, let me tell you it is one NASTY disease. If you don't catch it early you've got a debilitating disease FOR LIFE. I didn't catch mine early - but thank goodness after my experience we knew what to look for so my wife and son did catch theirs early. In later stages the disease will attack your organs and shorten your life. Bottom line is, stray animals running your property are a risk if you live in a high-density Lyme area.

I've now shut down all my feeding operations and will do anything to keep animals off the property, including shoot-to-scare. But generally, if you eliminate the food source, you eliminate the animals.

It's not common knowledge but the REAL culprit with Lyme is not deer, but field mice. They are the food source for nymph-stage deer ticks, and THEY transmit the disease. The ticks just become unwitting carriers, and later as adults they latch onto a bigger food source - often deer. Generally, if they've fed on deer, they're no longer a threat to transmit as they only feed twice in their lifecycle. But they drop off the deer into your yard and lay their eggs.

I used to kill snakes when I found them around the property (apologies to all the snake lovers out there - and they are plentiful), but now they're my best friend and I love to see 'em with nice full bellies.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, it wasn't by my standards. Many times I have the last comment on a thread but don't think anything of it. I did think your post was well writtem but when I tried to reply to it my laptop wouldn't permit me to scroll to the bottom of the blank area. For some reason when I am on LMF many times when trying to answer to a post, my computer will not let me scroll down to the blank area, the cursor keeps jumping up into the body of the text the last poster made. I have the same problem whether I use the touchpad or an external mouse. But it is not always that way...:confused2:

I have this problem here and there, no matter what mouse I'm using (or the trackpad). I just get the cursor in the body of the typing box, use the arrow keys to get to the end of the box, and hit the 'end' key. That'll get me to where I can type my response......:smile:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
RobertBrown, post #32 in this thread from Bison was a troll intended to set me off, and it did. I have no regrets about my replies, but I guess you can't be blamed for not finding them as funny as I did. I tend to stay away from emoticons and exclamation points, so the attempts at humor are not always detectible. And for the record, "hillbilly" isn't a geographical description to me, it's a state of mind.

Fair enough, but I still don't think you are considering his (Bison's) dilema. You may have the dog catcher across town, but if Bison calls the local government and asks for animal control, I'm pretty sure they will tell him "It's hanging in your gun case"!.
The solution to feral dogs is geographically specific. When you hear "shoot the dog" you picture something completely different than Bison does. Nothing wrong with either.

Jetblast

Threads
Look man,i wasn't trolling at at al.
I ain't a politician and say what is on my mind.

I have a bison ranch out in a remote area in northern Can,I love animals,i make my living from them.
I have enough trouble with coyotes,wolves and the occasional bear.
I ain't in the mood nor have the time to have to deal with feral or stray dogs that are dropped of in the area by people that don't want them anymore for what ever reason.These dogs become my problem,these kind of dogs are not your usual little friendly house dogs either.
Most are pit bulls,rothweilers,shepards and such.

FYI,no one gives a hood.I'm done with our local SPCA who do not come to pick up these animals when i'm able to catch them.I have to bring them there(30 ml one way)
As i stated before,Law enforcement and wardens can't be bothered by them either.

Our neighbors on the average keep big dogs for their own protection from mentioned coyotes and bears.
They used to let them roam the neighbor hood,repeated efforts on my side to have them keep them home have failed (read my posts)till i started to kill them off.
Today,these people phone me if their dog is missing.

The feral dog problem remains.I treat them as coyotes.
They get a bullet,like it or not.There is 3 roaming the place right now,they're as wild as coyotes.

The SPCA is a volunteer organization that lives on donations, so that doesn't surprise me, but if you're in this area maybe these guys can give you a hand by coming out there.

albertaanimalservices.ca: Services

If this isn't your area, maybe they have a number for a similar tax-funded agency in your area that can handle this problem. If not, well yeah, I don't see much choice for you. Post #32 looked like a troll at me, but I'll take your word for it that it wasn't. Pretty hard to convey tone and exact meaning on these message boards, which is probably the world's number one reason for mega-megathreads.

I like to think there's a special place in the ol' fire and brimstone cafe for people who dump dogs in the country and leave us to clean up their mess. Not a fan of people who let their dogs roam either. I suppose there are no great choices for us left holding the bag, all we can do is pick the least crappy one.

Jetblast

Threads
No, it wasn't by my standards. Many times I have the last comment on a thread but don't think anything of it. I did think your post was well writtem but when I tried to reply to it my laptop wouldn't permit me to scroll to the bottom of the blank area. For some reason when I am on LMF many times when trying to answer to a post, my computer will not let me scroll down to the blank area, the cursor keeps jumping up into the body of the text the last poster made. I have the same problem whether I use the touchpad or an external mouse. But it is not always that way...:confused2:

This is only happening on this forum? If so, it may be browser related due to some incompatibility. Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? I'm using Firefox 4 and everything is normal here, but maybe I can help figure this out.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is only happening on this forum? If so, it may be browser related due to some incompatibility. Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? I'm using Firefox 4 and everything is normal here, but maybe I can help figure this out.

No, jetblast - it happens everywhere, I've found. Not all the time, either. Might be a server issue or something. :confused:

It was acting up awhile ago for me, too - but it's all better again. :smile: Strange.