Already thinking about leaf cleanup

Threads
Not to start a oil fight. But you can use the echo mix. Heck you can use any brand 2 cycle oil.
I got a very good deal on a few cases of cheap 2cycle dollar store oil.
Been using it for 3 years now in everything.

I just don't want to screw it up. It's the most expensive piece of equipment I will have other than my mowers!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not to start a oil fight. But you can use the echo mix. Heck you can use any brand 2 cycle oil.
I got a very good deal on a few cases of cheap 2cycle dollar store oil.
Been using it for 3 years now in everything.

I just don't want to screw it up. It's the most expensive piece of equipment I will have other than my mowers!

As Carscw said as long as you use a 50 to1 mix it doesn't matter what 2 stoke oil you use. The reason I use the Stihl oil in my equipment is because I buy it where I buy all my lawn equipment and supplies. I purchased echo oil more than once and ran in my Stihl stuff when they were out of stock on the Stihl oil. Again what oil you use is a matter of preference.

Threads
As Carscw said as long as you use a 50 to1 mix it doesn't matter what 2 stoke oil you use. The reason I use the Stihl oil in my equipment is because I buy it where I buy all my lawn equipment and supplies. I purchased echo oil more than once and ran in my Stihl stuff when they were out of stock on the Stihl oil. Again what oil you use is a matter of preference.

OK. Because the last thing I want to do is wreck a new piece of equipment because of something I could have prevented. I am actually leaning towards the Stihl now. As you can see, I am probably the most indecisive person on the whole forum, and change my mind all the time. A few pages back one of the reasons I didn't want to get the 770 instead of the 580 was because of the extra noise. So I think that the Stihl would be better, and also because of the weight. I have a local Stihl dealer I will go to in the next week or two to look at a 600 Magnum.

Threads
I've read stuff about having to adjust the valves on the Stihl.....which I haven't heard about the Echo. :anyone:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've read stuff about having to adjust the valves on the Stihl.....which I haven't heard about the Echo. :anyone:

I've heard that stuff to. I've been running Stihl Blowers and and 4 mix trimmers, edgers for the last almost 12 years now and I've never had to have valves done. Basically the story's you here told about that crap are from people who love to have something to complain about. They are die-hard 2 stoke fans that are so far behind the times it ain't funny and you can't convince them about any new technology that comes out. The 4 mix equipment is proven equipment/technology.

Threads

Good to hear. A lot of the reviews say the 600 is lighter (which the specs prove) and quieter then the competion, which I like. Maybe it's time I get a Stihl. Not that I will replace all my Echo trimmers with Stihl. Haha

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good to hear. A lot of the reviews say the 600 is lighter (which the specs prove) and quieter then the competition, which I like. Maybe it's time I get a Stihl. Not that I will replace all my Echo trimmers with Stihl. Haha

The Stihl is lighter by like 2lbs. The Stihl turtle back fits your back better, it conforms more to your back and it's supposed to make it more comfortable to use and wear. I wouldn't replace anything until it needs replacing.

Threads
The Stihl is lighter by like 2lbs. The Stihl turtle back fits your back better, it conforms more to your back and it's supposed to make it more comfortable to use and wear. I wouldn't replace anything until it needs replacing.

I will say I don't really like the look of the "turtle shell" Stihl blower, but if it is easier on me, the operator, then I am all for it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I really think you will love the 4 mix.
I held off for a long time getting one. ( got a good deal) like ric said I am one of the ones that don't like change. ( keep up with the new Technology)
I don't have a 4 mix blower bit love the trimmer.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not a diehard Stihl guy, my local Scag/Stihl and other lines dealer has it all in stock and a super parts department and this makes a difference to me as a retired mech. I prefer Husqvarna chainsaws to Stihl chainsaws, just my own twist.
I bought my BR 600 in Sept of 2009 with the intent of also keeping my Stihl handheld ??85 in my trailer to use, although it was a good handheld blower, it had COPD compared to the BR 600 and I gave it away. My BR 600 is an early unit and there have been some upgrades that have improved the performance of the 600. I have made two mods to my unit, an adjustable hook strap across the front to hold it onto me better and a similar hook strap around the angled discharge elbow to keep it facing forward. I made the mistake of disassembling the elbow to clean it up where it turns and this made the swivel too loose.
I also have a Stihl KM 90 which is 4 stroke similar to the BG 600. The KM 90 is the powerhead unit that can use different ends. I have two string trimmers, adjustable hedge trimmer, branch trimmer and one extension. This is a nice unit, but the KM 90 lacks for power. I plan to upgrade to either a 110 or a 130 having used both.
Just bought a new Bravo Scout 7 x 16 cargo trailer with some up grades for $6,500, nice trailer, so my mad money account is low!!!:laughing::biggrin::smile: