ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?
We require every single employee to wear ear and eye protection at all times when using any equipment.

What about the married ones, not required? :laughing::laughing:

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
My trimmer guard took a lot of abuse and broke off. I did not remove it on purpose but found out that I like it better that way and did not spend the money to replace it. I wear safety glasses most of the time if they are handy and rarely use earplugs. Saay what? :rolleyes:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Up until the time I purchased my first new Trimmer anything I came up with was used or County junk and never had a guard so by the time I got a new trimmer I was so use to working without a guard I just continued without. They all just ended up in the circular file.

Threads
This is a picture of the headphones I wear while mowing & weedwacking.
DSCN9861.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use the harbor freight cheap ones, i have a habit of breaking the expensive ones and the cheap ones do more than an adequate job.

Threads
I also bought a pair of headphones with the active noise reduction, where if it hears a certain frequency it will send out a frequency to quite it (or something like that). I didn't like them, because there was a slight noise in your ear all the time. They did just as good as the 3M headphones, but where like double the cost!

petee

Forum Newbie
Threads
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO, RIC

I WILL GO TO LOCAL CC DEALER AND CHECK OUT THE ZFORCE 54 WITH LAP BARS--I'M WITH YOU--IF I WANT A STEERING WHEEL I'LL DRIVE A TRUCK

FRANK

MAYBE IF U WORE HEARING PROTECTION. YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS.

Pete

SUREYARDS

Threads
I HOPE YOU LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO REALIZE TYPING IN CAPS IS A SENIOR THING

FRANK---SUREYARDS

mowermec

Forum Newbie
Threads
HI to you all.
Here is what I did many years ago to make my mower run as quiet as a sewing machine.The machine was a very old Hayterett with a 3 HP briggs and stratton engine.First I had to identify where the noise was coming from.Most of the noise was from the exhaust and the rest was general mechanical noise.Here is what I did.First I dismantled the engine and reprofiled the exhaust cam to give a much slower lift allowing the products of combustion to escape slower.I then connected the muffler outlet to discharge under the mower deck.Next was the problem of mechinical noise.There is a product on the market called Barofoam,this is a product to attenuate noise and is used in the Air conditioning industry to line the inside of ducting.With this product I lined the outside of the blower housing and the complete top of the mower deck and like I said it runs just like a sewing machine.No more ear plugs for me now.

graydog

Threads
Yes, yes and yes. Ear protection, eye protection, skin protection, etc.

Me too.....ear plugs, a good pair of goggles, sunscreen and a buggy top sun shade too. I had a melanoma successfully removed from my cheek 5 years ago. It cost $100,000.00 but I have good insurance. With Obama's healthcare, I would be dead now, as I would have been limited to $5000.00. The doctor said it was from sun damage when I was a kid.