ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?
RIC

AMEN TO THAT---WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED IN FLORIDA

I HAD A GOOD FRIEND THAT WAS A COMMERCIAL PAINTER AND MOVED TO SARASOTA
IN 1980 AND MADE A FORTUNE PAINTING CONDOS.

HAPPY MOWING TO YOU

FRANK

I'm located in two different places, work week in Tampa and weekends and you probably never heard of it so I'll say Leesburg. If your friend is in Sarasota he had a lot of condos to paint. He should have moved to West Palm they went crazy with those things. :laughing:

SUREYARDS

Threads
YES---HE MADE OUT QUITE WELL--SO GOOD HE IS RETIRED AND ONLY 60

ONE QUICK QUESTION---HAVE YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH THE CC ZFORCE MOWERS ?

THANKS

FRANK

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
YES---HE MADE OUT QUITE WELL--SO GOOD HE IS RETIRED AND ONLY 60

ONE QUICK QUESTION---HAVE YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK WITH THE CC ZFORCE MOWERS ?

THANKS

FRANK

I've Had excellent luck with the Cub Cadet Z Force mowers. I sold my 44" ZF and my CC 36" G1336 WB when I purchased my Grandstand, had the 20hp Kohler on it and mowed like 50 lawns a week for three years and it never gave me a problem other than the typical maintenance. Also still have and occasionally run the 48" with the Kohler 22hp and have done same with it except I was doing like 70 lawns a week and at the present it's got like 700hrs on it in like 15 months and again never a problem. IMO for the money you can't beat the Cub Cadets.
The thing with me is I'm a bit of a fanatic on oil and filer changes, I change both oil and oil filters on all my mowers from 25 to 50 hrs depending on the conditions that I have.

SUREYARDS

Threads
THANK YOU RIC FOR THE INFO

I HAVE A 60 INCH BAD BOY THAT I HAVE RENAMED SAD BOY---THEY ARE NOT WHAT THEY ADVERTISE---I TRADED A 50 INCH CC ZFORE50 FOR IT AND WISH I HAD THE CC BACK--I AM LOOKING AT A 60 INCH ZFORCE---ANYTHING YOU CAN TELL ME ?

THANKS

FRANK

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
THANK YOU RIC FOR THE INFO

I HAVE A 60 INCH BAD BOY THAT I HAVE RENAMED SAD BOY---THEY ARE NOT WHAT THEY ADVERTISE---I TRADED A 50 INCH CC ZFORE50 FOR IT AND WISH I HAD THE CC BACK--I AM LOOKING AT A 60 INCH ZFORCE---ANYTHING YOU CAN TELL ME ?

THANKS

FRANK

Yea the Bad Boy has turned into a sad boy. We've got a TSC here in town that sold the things and every one that they received to sell had to be taken to the lawn mower shop at the other end of town and be fixed before they could sell the things. I figured by now they would have the bugs worked out. As far as the ZF 60 goes there's not much I can tell you. If it were me I'd go with the 54" with the lap bars, there wouldn't be that much of a difference in productivity and it's probably a little cheaper. I don't know which mower you're buying but the 54" would be a commercial grade mower and be a better machine than that residential 60" Personally I hate a steering wheel on a lawn mower.:smile: Looks stupid but then again I'm old school.

SUREYARDS

Threads
THANK YOU FOR THE INFO, RIC

I WILL GO TO LOCAL CC DEALER AND CHECK OUT THE ZFORCE 54 WITH LAP BARS--I'M WITH YOU--IF I WANT A STEERING WHEEL I'LL DRIVE A TRUCK

FRANK

tybilly

Threads
yes yes and yes,with earplugs i an hear the grass scream...who takes the guards off their trimmers?

Lawnranger

Threads
who takes the guards off their trimmers?

Not me, the guard is there for a reason - safety. I'll ask it this way - who wants to compromise safety?

tybilly

Threads
same here,but also ive heard that removing the guard will shorten the life of the engine,due to balance of the correct string length.

Lawnranger

Threads
Yes, using string that is too long for the trimmer will shorten engine life because the engine does not get up to full R.P.M. which for most trimmers is between 8,000-9,500 R.P.M. Trimmers are designed to run wide open at full R.P.M. and the fan built into the flywheel will provide maximum cooling. When longer string is used the engine works harder and at a lower speed which can cause an overheat condition and too much heat is the enemy to small, air-cooled engines. As you know, most trimmer guards have a built in line cutter to limit the length of the line.