ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / ALL YOU LAWN CARE BUSINESS PEOPLE OUT THERE: DO YOU WEAR EAR PROTECTION?
Everyone that I have ever talked to that removes the guards all say it gets in the way.
But like I said I think some do it because monkey see monkey do

I have used a trimmer without a guard and it is easier to use. Just hurts if you wear shorts

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

SLCCT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wear ear muffs
no glasses
Why u asking?

tybilly

Threads
I dont take the guards off,i used to be a tech,just curious as why ppl do myself,im thinking for convienence.i also wear an orange vest and gloves,when I trim trees I wear a hardhat too,dont want any widowmakers finding me..lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I dont have Years of experience and I am explaining why I do not understand. It does not add any functionality to it.

Exotion, you've got it about right. It does not add any functionality to it. The only thing I see that the guard does is get plugged up with grass and then the line cutter doesn't work but about half the time anyway and you carry all that with you for hours a day it gets old real quick.
The thing is you have guys buy one trimmer over another because one weighs 1lb less than the other does, do you really think that they're going to hesitate to to take off a guard that to them serves literally no purpose. :rolleyes:
I've never understand why they even call them a guard. When you consider that the guard on the Echo maybe 6" across the back, the Stihl is 12" across the back and probably other makes measure different what's the purpose in having the thing, there's no standard.
If you want to run your trimmer with the guard on fine do it, nothing wrong with that, if you want to run without the guard fine take it off and throw it, nothing wrong with that it's you're choice. :thumbsup:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wear ear muffs
no glasses
Why u asking?

Your crazy :/ Glasses always even when im not mowing I do not want to lose an eye

MSlandscaping

Threads
Carscw said:
Everyone that I have ever talked to that removes the guards all say it gets in the way.
But like I said I think some do it because monkey see monkey do

I have used a trimmer without a guard and it is easier to use. Just hurts if you wear shorts

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

We take the guards off of all of our trimmers. I personally think they are useless.

Threads
We take the guards off of all of our trimmers. I personally think they are useless.

They are useless if you don't care about getting rocks or mulch shot at your head! I have a little hole in my guard from a rock....that could have been my face!:eek:

MSlandscaping

Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
They are useless if you don't care about getting rocks or mulch shot at your head! I have a little hole in my guard from a rock....that could have been my face!:eek:

So obviously they dont work! Because you have your guard on and you still got shot in the face.

Threads
So obviously they dont work! Because you have your guard on and you still got shot in the face.

No, it didn't hit me, but it probably would have it I didn't have my guard on.