How to remove rusty blade bolt?

em14

Threads
That Bolt is going to regret the day it decided to RUST!:laughing: Go get 'um!
Leo

Threads
No not yet, Rome wasn't built in a day :smile: I have ordered a "Neiko Heavy-Duty 25" Breaker Bar - 1/2"-Drive - Chrome-Vanadium Steel" and "PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst 16 oz. aerosol" from Amazon.com. Already have a hammer & propane torch. So the end is near for the infamous bolt :biggrin:

Can you get someone to video the removal? I would love to see all this come together!:thumbsup:

jimbo64

Threads
No not yet, Rome wasn't built in a day :smile: I have ordered a "Neiko Heavy-Duty 25" Breaker Bar - 1/2"-Drive - Chrome-Vanadium Steel" and "PB Blaster Penetrating Catalyst 16 oz. aerosol" from Amazon.com. Already have a hammer & propane torch. So the end is near for the infamous bolt :biggrin:

that will do it------walmart also sells pb blaster as does most automotive stores:thumbsup:

rockytop

Forum Newbie
Threads
By golly you sure have got a lot of ideas to play with as to the removable of a little bolt. and all good advice I will add. One thing that I have found out in three quarters of a century and that is not to worry about the small things. My advice is from what you say and have or about to try on this bolt,
TAKE THE UNIT to a good shop that has the Right tools, pay ;a few bucks, and watch them and what tools they use It will be a learning experience for you and a cheap lesson in repairing a problem.
Education is not cheap, If you learn how and why from experts then all will be easy next time.
Just had to put in my wee bit of learning. Been swinging wrenches for sixty yrs now. Love it and all the new comers that are learning such as you.... All the best.:thumbsup:

rekees

Threads
The infamous bolt has been removed! The PB Blaster and breaker bar worked well. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. :smile:

Attachments

• infamous_bolt.jpg
    infamous_bolt.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 67

jimbo64

Threads
The infamous bolt has been removed! The PB Blaster and breaker bar worked well. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. :smile:

well done brother----------now before you put any of them back in, go to any auto store and get some "never seize " and use it on all bolts and you will never have this problem again.:thumbsup:

em14

Threads

Way to Go! ... like the man said, get some anti seize

Stewby

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't heat it you may cook the bearings or bearing seals. load it up go to the local garage and have them use an impact.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Good job! The score is now...

rekees 1, Bolt 0

:thumbsup:

toplink

Forum Newbie
Threads
My solution is to use KROIL or equivalent.... douse it good, let it sit for at least an hour, tap the head just once or twice with a hammer, not enough to dent or mar the head, use a good quality socket that fits the head, and try to spin it with my DeWalt impact wrench. Usually works for me...I have several cutters that need this treatment every year.

Let us know what works for you...