Have to make a confession

AndyMan

Threads
Guess I'll be the odd man out and say that I like it here. Maybe I'm more of a small-pond sort of fish, but I really hate large forums where I feel lost and ignored. A new post in a large forum is often overlooked in the swarm of new posts, whereas here, new posts are actually read and responded to. I like that.

I would much rather go somewhere with 3 new posts per day and have time to read them and give thoughtful responses, than to find 20 new posts per day and feel like it's a full-time job just to try to keep up with what everyone has to say.

With a title like "Lawn Mower Forum", you are not likely to draw a ton of new users in January. To expand the range of discussions, expand the topics you'd like to discuss. But that, by definition, changes what this forum is. If you want boards for discussions of the best place to go for snow skiing and tubing, that's great, but then this is no longer a "Lawn Mower Forum".

'Nuff said.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Guess I'll be the odd man out and say that I like it here. Maybe I'm more of a small-pond sort of fish, but I really hate large forums where I feel lost and ignored. A new post in a large forum is often overlooked in the swarm of new posts, whereas here, new posts are actually read and responded to. I like that.

I would much rather go somewhere with 3 new posts per day and have time to read them and give thoughtful responses, than to find 20 new posts per day and feel like it's a full-time job just to try to keep up with what everyone has to say.

With a title like "Lawn Mower Forum", you are not likely to draw a ton of new users in January. To expand the range of discussions, expand the topics you'd like to discuss. But that, by definition, changes what this forum is. If you want boards for discussions of the best place to go for snow skiing and tubing, that's great, but then this is no longer a "Lawn Mower Forum".

'Nuff said.

No your not the odd man out. The point I've been trying to make is what you just commented. If you want boards for discussions of the best place to go for snow skiing and tubing, that's great, But those type of postings don't belong on a lawn mower forum, that as you say by definition changes what this forum is and I think that's what's happening here, we've gotten away from the "Lawn Mower Forum" itself and I think it's due to a number of different factors. :frown:

Jd Green TBN is that Tractor by Net that you are talking about?

Last edited:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah...TractorbyNet...where members do not shy about contributing to the forums...!!!!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah...TractorbyNet...where members do not shy about contributing to the forums...!!!!

Ok I'm a member there also but I stopped going there when I found out it was a pay as you go forum if you want to advertise or promote your business or any other forum or group you mite be a member of.

Pika

Threads
Well, I'm a newbie... and I have to agree that a lot of them are probably reading. :) I don't have as much to say as some, since I don't currently OWN a mower, but I have been reading with interest!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, I'm a newbie... and I have to agree that a lot of them are probably reading. :) I don't have as much to say as some, since I don't currently OWN a mower, but I have been reading with interest!

I'm NOT a newbie, could say something more but won't...:frown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I've not been on lately because we've been busy mowing again. Whether you're a newbie or not or do or don't have a mower really doesn't have any bearing on the subject at hand so feel free with your opinions. I feel like this is one of the more interesting and probably opinionated threads on the forum at the present.

jenkinsph

Threads
Maybe its my crappy personality but when I looked today and saw no new responses in several sections since my last post it makes me wonder. Posted a question about Ryegrass and no responses at all, had my own opinions but thought it was a reasonable question to ask? Posted some pics of a landscape job I just finished Monday on the roller thread no response.

It seems that most discussions are about buying equipment, not using it. I was hoping to see more about lawns in general, how to care and treat, pictures of works in progress, discussions of these topics and ideas. I am not the brightest bulb but really some of these bulbs visiting here have never been lit.

I also find the navigation on TBN to be superior to LMF, simply click the section on TBN and you are there, here there seems to be no retention of the section and you have to scan through the list to return to the section. Same is true at Deeretalk but at least they have some bright bulbs there.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe its my crappy personality but when I looked today and saw no new responses in several sections since my last post it makes me wonder. Posted a question about Ryegrass and no responses at all, had my own opinions but thought it was a reasonable question to ask? Posted some pics of a landscape job I just finished Monday on the roller thread no response.

Yea I found the same thing when I looked today, very few responses although there was a new thread about residential wind turbines. Personally I'd like to see more discussions about hand held equipment, Backpack blowers and such but that doesn't happen very often. BTW your photos were great but the shot of the deer was fantastic.

As far as TBN or MTF they're great forums if you're into Tractors but I prefer Lawn Mowers and Lawn care forums, that's what I thought I was getting here. I know that TBN and MTF both have there forums for lawn care and lawn tractors but I never found many threads about mowers so I never found those to really be of interest as they're limited to mostly lawn tractors. So I very seldom if ever return to either.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea I found the same thing when I looked today, very few responses although there was a new thread about residential wind turbines. Personally I'd like to see more discussions about hand held equipment, Backpack blowers and such but that doesn't happen very often. BTW your photos were great but the shot of the deer was fantastic.

As far as TBN or MTF they're great forums if you're into Tractors but I prefer Lawn Mowers and Lawn care forums, that's what I thought I was getting here. I know that TBN and MTF both have there forums for lawn care and lawn tractors but I never found many threads about mowers so I never found those to really be of interest as they're limited to mostly lawn tractors. So I very seldom if ever return to either.

Have been away from here for several days, been clearing away the 16 inches of snow that fell around here, then I had the flu and just got back onto the LMF ten minutes ago.

What has been happening here? VERY LITTLE, IMO. Guess everybody else has been clearing snow or been sick too.

At least I started a new thread (this one) that got SOME feedback....