Have to make a confession

jd335

Threads
One of the reasons I have developed into a jack-of-all-trades during the last two thirds of my life is because:

I'm too impatient to wait for somebody to come and fix my problem.

I'm too cheap to pay someone an inane amount of money for things I should be able to do myself.

I'm tired of paying someone for half a-- work.

And the more you learn by doing, the more you are willing to take on, and the more projects or repairs you can accomplish. I had a neighbor that lived two houses down, nice guy, quite intelligent, he came over one time while I was changing the oil on my truck, he was amazed when I told him I could do brake jobs, tune ups, etc. in addition to servicing my vehicles. He asked, "well I thought about changing my oil at one time, but I was worried I might strip the drain plug out, or something...."

I have a favorite saying, one that was authored by Henry Ford:

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right"....:thumbsup:

you know i agree with almost everything you say just one thing.i never did mind paying for a good job but now the work that i have paid someone to do most time i end up going back doing it myself i just wish the younger generation took just a little of the pride in there work as the old folks do and did.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
you know i agree with almost everything you say just one thing.i never did mind paying for a good job but now the work that i have paid someone to do most time i end up going back doing it myself i just wish the younger generation took just a little of the pride in there work as the old folks do and did.

I too would be happy to pay for decent work but these days you almost never get that. Two years ago wife took her Buick to the dealership fo an oil change (had a free oil change coupon) well they convinced her the air filter needed replacing so they could make some money that way, when I got home I opened the hood to be sure it had been installed right, nope, stupid cretins left the intake hose clamps loose, would have caused engine wear if I had not caught it. Paid $20 for the so called "service" and they botched up a ten minute job. I contacted service department and told them we we NEVER coming back for ANY reason.

Typical example of how sloppy work today usually is.