Export thread

Have to make a confession

JDgreen

JDgreen

Part of my resolutions for the new year are to be more honest, so here goes...:frown:

I am spending less and less time on LMF and more and more time on TBN. Hate to gripe, but to be honest, the threads here seem so stale and mundane and very few members seem to have any interest in posting, When I logged in a few minutes ago, there were 90 members of this forum online, but what are they doing? There are practically no new threads or replies, what is the purpose of logging into a forum unless you are going to say something?

TBN, by contrast, has a very rapid turnover, when I leave this forum in a few minutes and return to TBN there are going to be an entire group of new threads and replies for me to follow up on. The one here that interests me the most is the snow removal forum, and TBN currently does not have one of those, although it is being considered.

Come on, LMF members, start showing some interest here, I am not planning to leave like some people have because I am feel some of the threads are dumb, but many of them ARE boring.

There, I got it off my chest, will now climb down off my soapbox, siddown, shuttup, and head back to TBN.

M

Muhammad

I think one of the things to keep in mind is that TBN has been around for going on 13 years, and has a massive following. LMF has been around for about 7 months. In the early days of TBN we had less posts than we have here now.

New members are joining here regularly, but still only at 1/10 the rate of new members than TBN gets.

Having said that, we plan to continue to promote LMF and in fact have some plans to add some things soon that should draw more new people in.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I think one of the things to keep in mind is that TBN has been around for going on 13 years, and has a massive following. LMF has been around for about 7 months. In the early days of TBN we had less posts than we have here now.

New members are joining here regularly, but still only at 1/10 the rate of new members than TBN gets.

Having said that, we plan to continue to promote LMF and in fact have some plans to add some things soon that should draw more new people in.

Thank you for that, I am not being critical of LMF because I realize it is in the early stages of growth and it takes time to generate a following, but wanted to suggest (politely) we could post more threads. I have tried, numerous times, to start new threads that I hoped would bring many responses, without success. One of the things I sincerely enjoy about TBN is that many folks there seem to enjoy controversy, I might not agree with their opinions but sincerely welcome reading the opposing viewpoints on a topic. Here, it seems to be somewhat mild mannered in comparison...few people seem to disagree, which isn't always a bad thing....:thumbsup:

You say TBN originally had fewer posts than LMF has today...boy, I missed a lot more of it than I thought...gotta give myself a pat on the back for being on this one from nearly the beginning...:biggrin:

I

indypower

I, too, will be coming here less and spending more time at MTF. MTF is so much more interesting and everyone there displays at least the state they are from.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I, too, will be coming here less and spending more time at MTF. MTF is so much more interesting and everyone there displays at least the state they are from.

Can you tell us what MTF is? Thanks. Could it be Machinery Talk Forum? Just guessing here.

M

Muhammad

Perhaps we could come up with a limited number of "threads of the week" that are more thought provoking and stimulate opinions on a variety of topics related to lawns and lawn mowing, equipment, etc. In fact I have some ideas already...

What do you think about threads of the week? Might not be "threads of the day" as we have on TBN (~100 new threads per day) but it could/should get some more interesting conversations going, especially if we promote the threads via e-mail to all members (which we would do).

K

KennyV

...When I logged in a few minutes ago, there were 90 members of this forum online, but what are they doing?

This is a rather new forum...
With a LOT of new folks coming on all the time. I am sure there are many reading past posts and "catching up" ...
You could never do that on TBN it's been around too long, you could never hope to read all the old posts.

As this site gains more members from all around the world... we will see various things come up that will be new...
In a way this is just the opposite of the complaint generally posted on TBN... (That has been covered many times in the past. Use the search function). Some day that will happen here and at that time we will need to remember that the new folks have not seen all the posts over the growth of the forum...
I'm sure that the winter slow down in mowing has created a shortage of 'problems to post about. And we have not had a lot of snow related 'problems'... YET. :smile:KennyV

I

indypower

Can you tell us what MTF is? Thanks. Could it be Machinery Talk Forum? Just guessing here.
MTF is MyTractorForum.

Ric

Ric

Thank you for that, I am not being critical of LMF because I realize it is in the early stages of growth and it takes time to generate a following, but wanted to suggest (politely) we could post more threads. I have tried, numerous times, to start new threads that I hoped would bring many responses, without success. One of the things I sincerely enjoy about TBN is that many folks there seem to enjoy controversy, I might not agree with their opinions but sincerely welcome reading the opposing viewpoints on a topic. Here, it seems to be somewhat mild mannered in comparison...few people seem to disagree, which isn't always a bad thing....:thumbsup:

You say TBN originally had fewer posts than LMF has today...boy, I missed a lot more of it than I thought...gotta give myself a pat on the back for being on this one from nearly the beginning...:biggrin:

I just checked before I came here to post, they're 6 members and 84 visitors on line and only 10 new postings today so I can agree there's a lot of slumming going on. With that many people sitting back watching it can only mean there's not enough interest in the discussions or topics available as you say the threads here seem so stale and mundane.

I think for a forum to succeed there has to be some kind of controversy to keep things going, but I also think that the forum has to continually change and be upgraded to keep things interesting and I don't see that happening here, that's why people are leaving and going to other forums.

I have been watching for a while and request have been made by people for certain things and have been basically ignored which Imo isn't helping things out. I also see a lot of things missing which would define things a bit and possibly make things more interesting.

Don't get me wrong I know how hard it is to have a successful forum, I've built several and am in the process of building one at the present, some have worked out well and others have bombed, it can be a lot of work keeping up with a forum and the people on the forum so I wish the owners luck, but changes need to be made.

M

Muhammad

Hey Ric,

Thanks for your comments. Some of the suggestions for forums are for brands that might have one or two members who are owners. I don't see the point of having empty sections that nobody uses as on TBN we are running into the issue of "too many forums" (although over there most forums are active).

I will say that some major additions are coming soon... things we've been working on for a while. And while they actually might not stimulate more discussions per se, they will provide valuable resources to the visitors of the site and ultimately bring more members.

What specific suggestions do you have? Say you were the admin for a day... what would you change? :biggrin:

Ric

Ric

Hey Ric,

Thanks for your comments. Some of the suggestions for forums are for brands that might have one or two members who are owners. I don't see the point of having empty sections that nobody uses as on TBN we are running into the issue of "too many forums" (although over there most forums are active).

I will say that some major additions are coming soon... things we've been working on for a while. And while they actually might not stimulate more discussions per se, they will provide valuable resources to the visitors of the site and ultimately bring more members.

What specific suggestions do you have? Say you were the admin for a day... what would you change? :biggrin:

Some of the suggestions for forums are for brands that might have one or two members who are owners.
Those suggestions for brands that may have only one or two members or owners mite bring more discussion than you mite realize.

we are running into the issue of "too many forums" (although over there most forums are active)
Imo you're not running into an issue of having to many forums, to the contrary you don't have enough to maintain interest.

There's no such thing as admin for a day. :smile: As far as making any specific suggestions,I'll keep those for the forum I'm in the process of building at the present.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude but If you are the person who developed this forum you need to be the one to make the decisions and changes you see fit, not me or Kenny or JDGreen or anyone else. Remember any suggestion that I or someone else gives may not work either. :smile:

rekees

rekees

My confession - it's tough to think about lawn mowers when the grass is under a foot of snow.

K

KennyV

My confession - it's tough to think about lawn mowers when the grass is under a foot of snow.

I think this sums up the "slow down" in posts...
:smile:KennyV

JDgreen

JDgreen

I think this sums up the "slow down" in posts...
:smile:KennyV

Well, Kenny, the ground isn't covered with snow everywhere, is it? Why can't members in the Front Porch tell others what they are working on during the winter? Know what I am doing today? Adding another printer to my home office and installing a new USB hub, buillding craft storage racks for my wife, slapping on joint compound for the walls in the basement bathroom I am building...there are dozens, if not hundreds, of topics that could be mentioned in the Front Porch...how many of the members are working on a winter project or two...likely lots of them.

Look at the post I made about keeping a budget...practically no comments, guess nobody else but you and I keep a budget, huh? I must agree with what Muhammed says, "you be administrator for a day" well IMO he is doing a great job here but it's the members of LMF who have to keep the ball rolling and discussions current there is NOTHING the forum administrator can do to change that, there are PLENTY of topics going around for discussion right now but nobody wants to contribute. WHY IS THAT? Shall we tack it up as apathy? :confused2::frown:

Ric

Ric

Well, Kenny, the ground isn't covered with snow everywhere, is it? Why can't members in the Front Porch tell others what they are working on during the winter? Know what I am doing today? Adding another printer to my home office and installing a new USB hub, buillding craft storage racks for my wife, slapping on joint compound for the walls in the basement bathroom I am building...there are dozens, if not hundreds, of topics that could be mentioned in the Front Porch...how many of the members are working on a winter project or two...likely lots of them.

Look at the post I made about keeping a budget...practically no comments, guess nobody else but you and I keep a budget, huh? I must agree with what Muhammed says, "you be administrator for a day" well IMO he is doing a great job here but it's the members of LMF who have to keep the ball rolling and discussions current there is NOTHING the forum administrator can do to change that, there are PLENTY of topics going around for discussion right now but nobody wants to contribute. WHY IS THAT? Shall we tack it up as apathy? :confused2::frown:

I agree that it can be a lot of work keeping up with a forum and the people on the forum so I wish the owners luck. Remember Forums Rely on Membership Participation to be successful, it's not all on the administrator.

That said he (the Admin ) does play an important part, it's up to him to provide the Categories and Forums of interest and to give people what they expect in a forum regardless of how he feels about about a subject.

J

jenkinsph

I am a member of TBN with over 3000+ posts and feel I am an active member there. On LMF, how can I put it? Not much discussion about any thing of interest. I was hoping to learn from others about landscaping and the discussion just isn't there.:frown:

Ric

Ric

This front porch thing or forum may be fine but it doesn't do anything for the forum itself and I'll give you an example. You say why can't members in the Front Porch tell others what they are working on during the winter? You made a post about keeping a budget...practically no comments and wonder why, but then you answered your own question with guess nobody else but you and I keep a budget.

Now don't get me wrong but I really don't care about your or anyone's budget or that you're Adding another printer to your home office and installing a new USB hub and the list continues and it really doesn't hold any interest to me or looks like anyone else and there in lies the problem (INTEREST) Topic's of Interest. When I signed on this morning there were 88 guest 4 members and what did they find? New threads NO just several new postings to existing threads that's it.
Now again I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, its really not and I apologies to JD for using his post as an example but I'd like to see this forum get back to its design- a lawn mower forum not a Bull**** session.

JDgreen

JDgreen

This front porch thing or forum may be fine but it doesn't do anything for the forum itself and I'll give you an example. You say why can't members in the Front Porch tell others what they are working on during the winter? You made a post about keeping a budget...practically no comments and wonder why, but then you answered your own question with guess nobody else but you and I keep a budget.

Now don't get me wrong but I really don't care about your or anyone's budget or that you're Adding another printer to your home office and installing a new USB hub and the list continues and it really doesn't hold any interest to me or looks like anyone else and there in lies the problem (INTEREST) Topic's of Interest. When I signed on this morning there were 88 guest 4 members and what did they find? New threads NO just several new postings to existing threads that's it.
Now again I'm sorry if this sounds like a rant, its really not and I apologies to JD for using his post as an example but I'd like to see this forum get back to its design- a lawn mower forum not a Bull**** session.

HEY no apologies needed for what you said, and you didn't rant, but what the heck else can we do to keep discussions going...go look at TBN and the Front Porch there is LOADED with all kinds of Bull**** new threads and I don't hold it against anyone else for starting them, it's my choice to comment or agree and/or disagree with what others say....may I suggest if you want this to be strictly a lawn mower forum you begin starting new threads to keep the lawn mower topics alive??!!! There is a foot of snow on the ground, meaning I cannot do a bleeping thing outdoors for months, so WHAT ELSE can I possibly contribute other than in the Front Porch or the Snow Removal forums? So few other members start new threads... come on, LMF members, show some interest here !!!

AGAIN, NO APOLOGIES NEEDED....tell it like it is !!!!!

JDgreen

JDgreen

Ric, we joined at the same time but I have 4X the number of posts you do, I'M NOT RANTING HERE EITHER, but if all the members here on LMF would start and contribute to threads like I DO maybe we wouldn't have to call this a Bull**** session. (your term, not mine)
Thats how I feel and I wanted to pass it along.

I GIVE UP ON THIS FORUM FOR NOW... SEE YOU ON TBN. :frown:

Ric

Ric

Ric, we joined at the same time but I have 4X the number of posts you do, I'M NOT RANTING HERE EITHER, but if all the members here on LMF would start and contribute to threads like I DO maybe we wouldn't have to call this a Bull**** session. (your term, not mine)
Thats how I feel and I wanted to pass it along.

I GIVE UP ON THIS FORUM FOR NOW... SEE YOU ON TBN. :frown:

I don't doubt that you have 4x as many post than I do but at the same time I find very few things of interest here to post on, ( except fighting with Kenny about Diesel Fuel :laughing: ) as far as starting new threads the threads I have started like you get very little response or threads I would like to start have no place or forum to be started in and I've stated that concern before.

You say go look at TBN and the Front Porch there is LOADED with all kinds of Bull**** new threads and I don't hold it against anyone else for starting them and that's great but TBN is large enough to absorb there front porch, this site isn't (JMO) and I don't hold it against you or anyone else for starting the these threads because I understand what you're trying to accomplish. :thumbsup: I just don't see it happening.

Ya know when I log on here to the forum and see 7 to 10 members on line and nothing has changed much, I have to wonder about the other 80 to 90 visitors or guest that are here, What are they thinking.

A

AndyMan

Guess I'll be the odd man out and say that I like it here. Maybe I'm more of a small-pond sort of fish, but I really hate large forums where I feel lost and ignored. A new post in a large forum is often overlooked in the swarm of new posts, whereas here, new posts are actually read and responded to. I like that.

I would much rather go somewhere with 3 new posts per day and have time to read them and give thoughtful responses, than to find 20 new posts per day and feel like it's a full-time job just to try to keep up with what everyone has to say.

With a title like "Lawn Mower Forum", you are not likely to draw a ton of new users in January. To expand the range of discussions, expand the topics you'd like to discuss. But that, by definition, changes what this forum is. If you want boards for discussions of the best place to go for snow skiing and tubing, that's great, but then this is no longer a "Lawn Mower Forum".

'Nuff said.

Ric

Ric

Guess I'll be the odd man out and say that I like it here. Maybe I'm more of a small-pond sort of fish, but I really hate large forums where I feel lost and ignored. A new post in a large forum is often overlooked in the swarm of new posts, whereas here, new posts are actually read and responded to. I like that.

I would much rather go somewhere with 3 new posts per day and have time to read them and give thoughtful responses, than to find 20 new posts per day and feel like it's a full-time job just to try to keep up with what everyone has to say.

With a title like "Lawn Mower Forum", you are not likely to draw a ton of new users in January. To expand the range of discussions, expand the topics you'd like to discuss. But that, by definition, changes what this forum is. If you want boards for discussions of the best place to go for snow skiing and tubing, that's great, but then this is no longer a "Lawn Mower Forum".

'Nuff said.

No your not the odd man out. The point I've been trying to make is what you just commented. If you want boards for discussions of the best place to go for snow skiing and tubing, that's great, But those type of postings don't belong on a lawn mower forum, that as you say by definition changes what this forum is and I think that's what's happening here, we've gotten away from the "Lawn Mower Forum" itself and I think it's due to a number of different factors. :frown:

Jd Green TBN is that Tractor by Net that you are talking about?

JDgreen

JDgreen

Yeah...TractorbyNet...where members do not shy about contributing to the forums...!!!!

Ric

Ric

Yeah...TractorbyNet...where members do not shy about contributing to the forums...!!!!

Ok I'm a member there also but I stopped going there when I found out it was a pay as you go forum if you want to advertise or promote your business or any other forum or group you mite be a member of.

P

Pika

Well, I'm a newbie... and I have to agree that a lot of them are probably reading. :) I don't have as much to say as some, since I don't currently OWN a mower, but I have been reading with interest!

JDgreen

JDgreen

Well, I'm a newbie... and I have to agree that a lot of them are probably reading. :) I don't have as much to say as some, since I don't currently OWN a mower, but I have been reading with interest!

I'm NOT a newbie, could say something more but won't...:frown:

Ric

Ric

I've not been on lately because we've been busy mowing again. Whether you're a newbie or not or do or don't have a mower really doesn't have any bearing on the subject at hand so feel free with your opinions. I feel like this is one of the more interesting and probably opinionated threads on the forum at the present.

J

jenkinsph

Maybe its my crappy personality but when I looked today and saw no new responses in several sections since my last post it makes me wonder. Posted a question about Ryegrass and no responses at all, had my own opinions but thought it was a reasonable question to ask? Posted some pics of a landscape job I just finished Monday on the roller thread no response.

It seems that most discussions are about buying equipment, not using it. I was hoping to see more about lawns in general, how to care and treat, pictures of works in progress, discussions of these topics and ideas. I am not the brightest bulb but really some of these bulbs visiting here have never been lit.

I also find the navigation on TBN to be superior to LMF, simply click the section on TBN and you are there, here there seems to be no retention of the section and you have to scan through the list to return to the section. Same is true at Deeretalk but at least they have some bright bulbs there.

Ric

Ric

Maybe its my crappy personality but when I looked today and saw no new responses in several sections since my last post it makes me wonder. Posted a question about Ryegrass and no responses at all, had my own opinions but thought it was a reasonable question to ask? Posted some pics of a landscape job I just finished Monday on the roller thread no response.

Yea I found the same thing when I looked today, very few responses although there was a new thread about residential wind turbines. Personally I'd like to see more discussions about hand held equipment, Backpack blowers and such but that doesn't happen very often. BTW your photos were great but the shot of the deer was fantastic.

As far as TBN or MTF they're great forums if you're into Tractors but I prefer Lawn Mowers and Lawn care forums, that's what I thought I was getting here. I know that TBN and MTF both have there forums for lawn care and lawn tractors but I never found many threads about mowers so I never found those to really be of interest as they're limited to mostly lawn tractors. So I very seldom if ever return to either.

JDgreen

JDgreen

Yea I found the same thing when I looked today, very few responses although there was a new thread about residential wind turbines. Personally I'd like to see more discussions about hand held equipment, Backpack blowers and such but that doesn't happen very often. BTW your photos were great but the shot of the deer was fantastic.

As far as TBN or MTF they're great forums if you're into Tractors but I prefer Lawn Mowers and Lawn care forums, that's what I thought I was getting here. I know that TBN and MTF both have there forums for lawn care and lawn tractors but I never found many threads about mowers so I never found those to really be of interest as they're limited to mostly lawn tractors. So I very seldom if ever return to either.

Have been away from here for several days, been clearing away the 16 inches of snow that fell around here, then I had the flu and just got back onto the LMF ten minutes ago.

What has been happening here? VERY LITTLE, IMO. Guess everybody else has been clearing snow or been sick too.

At least I started a new thread (this one) that got SOME feedback....

Ric

Ric

Have been away from here for several days, been clearing away the 16 inches of snow that fell around here, then I had the flu and just got back onto the LMF ten minutes ago.

What has been happening here? VERY LITTLE, IMO. Guess everybody else has been clearing snow or been sick too.

What's been happening here, as you say very little. I was beginning to think you went back TBN or MTF and weren't coming back.

BKBrown

BKBrown

I say something when I feel I can contribute in a positive way ----

Your Cat avatar scares me ! I don't dislike cats, but am more of a dog person. Jazz Avitar.jpg

JDgreen

JDgreen

Your Cat avatar scares me ! I don't dislike cats, but am more of a dog person. View attachment 927

I too contribute when I can and NEVER exaggerate ANYTHING.

My cat avatar scares you...OH, I am crushed...that is my beloved kitty, his mom abandoned him and his littermates at a month old, he was a four week old feral kitten, starved to death and homeless, I rescued them and gradually nursed them to health and placed them all with good homes. My Zeke was the runt of the litter yet still had the biggest heart of them all...and his beautiful avatar scares you? He would lick you to death if he knew you were afraid of him. :laughing: I have nothing against dogs, yours is beautiful, he looks meaner than my kitty does but his picture doesn't scare me.

Attachments

JDgreen

JDgreen

What's been happening here, as you say very little. I was beginning to think you went back TBN or MTF and weren't coming back.

BKBrown says my cat avatar scares him...jeez, of all the other forums I belong to and contribute to nobody has EVER said something so nasty.:frown:..HEY ALL I'M GONNA TAKE MY POSTS AND PICS AND GO HOME....

Ric

Ric

BKBrown says my cat avatar scares him...jeez, of all the other forums I belong to and contribute to nobody has EVER said something so nasty.:frown:..HEY ALL I'M GONNA TAKE MY POSTS AND PICS AND GO HOME....

Well I don't know about your cat View attachment 933 but I kinda like this kitty's attitude, I don't think he believes in gun control either.

Ric

Ric

Your Cat avatar scares me ! I don't dislike cats, but am more of a dog person. View attachment 927

Dogs, Dogs did somebody say dogsView attachment 934 Yikes Somebody has a problem.

Ric

Ric

Ever thought about what your cat thinks when you take them to the VeterinarianView attachment 935

JDgreen

JDgreen

ROTFLMA0!! I believe those pics of the cats and dog are some of the funny pics from the site called "icanhazcheezburger" right? Maybe I should contribute the avatar I use to there and watch the funny caption suggestions roll in. Thanks for the laughs.

BKBrown

BKBrown

Now the picture on with him on the computer is cute. The Avatar comes up first and there is just something about it that is a little off (to me) --- I had no intention of being mean. Jazz is our Daughter
(Chocolate Lab)

I grew up with a 25 pound black Tom Cat and he was not fat. The wife is allergic to cats, so no cats here.

Again -- didn't intend to be mean. Sorry ! :wink:

Ric

Ric

JDgreen

JDgreen

WOWWWWW !!!! That pic woke me up better than my first cup of coffee!!! We have an 8 month old kitten that looks exactly like the one in that picture...doubt if I could get my wife (or any other girl) to model for a picture of him in that pose though...:laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Now the picture on with him on the computer is cute. The Avatar comes up first and there is just something about it that is a little off (to me) --- I had no intention of being mean. Jazz is our Daughter
(Chocolate Lab)

I grew up with a 25 pound black Tom Cat and he was not fat. The wife is allergic to cats, so no cats here.

You were not mean, not at all. Why would you name your dog Jazz? Really unique, have never known a pet with that name.

BKBrown

BKBrown

We named her Jazz because I wanted a 1 sylable name and we got her because of a dog my friend had named Jake -- Jazz is close to Jake and will work for a female dog. Jazz is SMART and smart enough to pretend she isn't sometimes.

You were not mean, not at all. Why would you name your dog Jazz? Really unique, have never known a pet with that name.

JDgreen

JDgreen

(Chocolate Lab)

New avatar...this is one handsome cat but if you provoke him...you are in trouble...name is Tiggs, do a Google search and see what the word means in the "Urban Dictionary" I named him then happened to Google the name, could not stop laughing for a half hour. :laughing::laughing:

BKBrown

BKBrown

JDgreen -- I see you changed your Avatar -- LOL :laughing: :biggrin:

M

Muhammad

I'm liking the new avatar, JDgreen! :thumbsup:

JDgreen

JDgreen

I'm liking the new avatar, JDgreen! :thumbsup:

Well, we have four cats whom I all love equally so perhaps to be fair I should give them equal screen time....

Ric

Ric

Well what else can we come up with, I've posted a few cat photos and have a few more but there kinda getting old.View attachment 956

JDgreen

JDgreen

Well what else can we come up with, I've posted a few cat photos and have a few more but there kinda getting old.View attachment 956

GO TO THE SNOW REMOVAL FORUM AND DROOL OVER MY "COOL" PICS THERE.....:laughing:

Ric

Ric

GO TO THE SNOW REMOVAL FORUM AND DROOL OVER MY "COOL" PICS THERE.....:laughing:

Yea they are some cool pictures but I have too say I don't miss the white stuff at all. I left up north in 1970 came to Florida when I was 18 years old and I said I'd never go back as long as I lived and I'll be 59 in March and I've been true to my word. Heck I'm ready to hibernate when I see frost on the ground.

BKBrown

BKBrown

Jazz by Door 3.JPG 2Jazz Deer 10-13.JPG
Jazz Deer2.jpg Jazz Jake Post1.JPG

A few new ones.

173abn

173abn

JD ,although I'm a dog lover too I like the camo look with the tree. russ

JDgreen

JDgreen

The pic of the two of them...that is REAL doggie love right before our eyes !!!!

JDgreen

JDgreen

JD ,although I'm a dog lover too I like the camo look with the tree. russ

Thanks, I think the blending in is what helps him hunt so well, late last fall he gifted us a bunny almost as big as he was, after he kept the best bits for himself....:eek:

173abn

173abn

be careful about your pets eating rabbits,it's a good way for them to get tapeworms.My big outdoor dog got them that way.even though it's treatable they are nasty parasites and usually not noted until pieces of them are seen in the stool. russ

JDgreen

JDgreen

be careful about your pets eating rabbits,it's a good way for them to get tapeworms.My big outdoor dog got them that way.even though it's treatable they are nasty parasites and usually not noted until pieces of them are seen in the stool. russ

Thanks very much for that info, he gets treated with Revolution 9 months of the year, I just checked the information with the medication and it is only effective against heart, hook, and roundworms. Will keep close check of his stools and ask vet if he should have a stool sample done.

THANKS AGAIN !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

173abn

173abn

JD,if he has them in his stool you can see them,looks like white rice size and they move.I had a cat yrs. ago that was also fond of rabbitt and he also got them.I went to petland and found the medication and is only specific to treating them.kinda pricey but worth it. russ

BKBrown

BKBrown

The big one is Jake (Chocolate Lab - Jazz was chosen because of Jake) Jake is (was) about 130# (they had to have him put down this Jan. :frown:).

The pic of the two of them...that is REAL doggie love right before our eyes !!!!

JDgreen

JDgreen

The big one is Jake (Chocolate Lab - Jazz was chosen because of Jake) Jake is (was) about 130# (they had to have him put down this Jan. :frown:).

OHHH, I am so sorry to learn that...it's so hard to lose a pet because unlike people, pets give us unconditional love and never make any unreasonable demands. They accept us as we are, no matter how flawed we are...if only people would be so forgiving and understanding.

Again, I am sincerely sorry for your loss of Jake...

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

OHHH, I am so sorry to learn that...it's so hard to lose a pet because unlike people, pets give us unconditional love and never make any unreasonable demands. They accept us as we are, no matter how flawed we are...if only people would be so forgiving and understanding.

YouTube - Pirates of the Mississippi: Feed Jake (video)

BKBrown

BKBrown

Thanks - I will miss him, but he wasn't MY dog, he belonged to a friend. Jake was my fishing buddy when I went fishing in the friend's lake. I never saw a dog so intent on watching the line and so excited when a fish was brought to shore. Jazz loves fishing, but not as much as Jake did. 22.jpg Jake Fishing 1.jpg

M

mois25

I think LMF is a great forum though I tend to agree that there are a few new posts at a time. If it has been around for less than 10 months then my guess is that it is soon making great strides,

J

jenkinsph

I think LMF is a great forum though I tend to agree that there are a few new posts at a time. If it has been around for less than 10 months then my guess is that it is soon making great strides,

Hard to know, this seems to be an unresponsive group with the exception of about 10 to 20 members. More participation would help, sharing ideas and opinions. More pics would help but no one will keep posting if the group does not respond.

H

Harriet

Good gracious. Well, constructive criticism is a good thing, and honesty IS the best policy. It sounds like maybe you think the level of this forum should be mostly for lawn care professionals as opposed to everyday people? Do you think there is a place for both?

JDgreen

JDgreen

Good gracious. Well, constructive criticism is a good thing, and honesty IS the best policy. It sounds like maybe you think the level of this forum should be mostly for lawn care professionals as opposed to everyday people? Do you think there is a place for both?

There is a place for everyone and anyone here, novices or pros alike. What somebody says earlier about this being an unresponsive group with the exception of 10 or 20 members...YUP, I agree. Doesn't matter to me if you have one post, 100, 1000, but if you have something to say SAY IT AND CONTRIBUTE. THANKS. :thumbsup:

jd335

jd335

I have read all the post on this topic and the only thing and the first thing that comes to mind is something i here every day @ work is you can't satisfy everyone. this is a good forrum i cannot pertisapate as much as i would like to but i work a full time job and farm to and there is just not enough hours in a day sometimes but i think as time goes on this forrum will surive i have told several friends about it. my biggest problem is i am a outdoor person and the study in my house is used mostly by my wife. i just cannot sit @a desk and type for any period of time but i will try to be more attive on the forrum cause i enjoy people who are trying to help other people and im sure i can learn alot as well.

J

jenkinsph

Don't know how you surmised any of us think this forum should be mostly for lawn care professionals from what I commented?

As I see it without about 20 of the top posters this place would be idle for days at a time, maybe weeks. I participate in a boating forum that posts a few replies a minute, that keeps things rolling.

J

jenkinsph

I have read all the post on this topic and the only thing and the first thing that comes to mind is something i here every day @ work is you can't satisfy everyone. this is a good forrum i cannot pertisapate as much as i would like to but i work a full time job and farm to and there is just not enough hours in a day sometimes but i think as time goes on this forrum will surive i have told several friends about it. my biggest problem is i am a outdoor person and the study in my house is used mostly by my wife. i just cannot sit @a desk and type for any period of time but i will try to be more attive on the forrum cause i enjoy people who are trying to help other people and im sure i can learn alot as well.

Most of us either work fulltime or run a business fulltime so we understand that drill. Don't be so humble, if you farm for a living I am sure we could learn alot from you.:thumbsup:

K

KennyV

Don't be so humble, if you farm for a living I am sure we could learn alot from you.:thumbsup:

I sure agree with that... the farmers that I have known were all pretty savvy folks ... and they knew how to make things work ... because they had to make things work... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

JDgreen

I sure agree with that... the farmers that I have known were all pretty savvy folks ... and they knew how to make things work ... because they had to make things work... :smile:KennyV

One of the reasons I have developed into a jack-of-all-trades during the last two thirds of my life is because:

I'm too impatient to wait for somebody to come and fix my problem.

I'm too cheap to pay someone an inane amount of money for things I should be able to do myself.

I'm tired of paying someone for half a-- work.

And the more you learn by doing, the more you are willing to take on, and the more projects or repairs you can accomplish. I had a neighbor that lived two houses down, nice guy, quite intelligent, he came over one time while I was changing the oil on my truck, he was amazed when I told him I could do brake jobs, tune ups, etc. in addition to servicing my vehicles. He asked, "well I thought about changing my oil at one time, but I was worried I might strip the drain plug out, or something...."

I have a favorite saying, one that was authored by Henry Ford:

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right"....:thumbsup:

jd335

jd335

One of the reasons I have developed into a jack-of-all-trades during the last two thirds of my life is because:

I'm too impatient to wait for somebody to come and fix my problem.

I'm too cheap to pay someone an inane amount of money for things I should be able to do myself.

I'm tired of paying someone for half a-- work.

And the more you learn by doing, the more you are willing to take on, and the more projects or repairs you can accomplish. I had a neighbor that lived two houses down, nice guy, quite intelligent, he came over one time while I was changing the oil on my truck, he was amazed when I told him I could do brake jobs, tune ups, etc. in addition to servicing my vehicles. He asked, "well I thought about changing my oil at one time, but I was worried I might strip the drain plug out, or something...."

I have a favorite saying, one that was authored by Henry Ford:

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right"....:thumbsup:

you know i agree with almost everything you say just one thing.i never did mind paying for a good job but now the work that i have paid someone to do most time i end up going back doing it myself i just wish the younger generation took just a little of the pride in there work as the old folks do and did.

JDgreen

JDgreen

you know i agree with almost everything you say just one thing.i never did mind paying for a good job but now the work that i have paid someone to do most time i end up going back doing it myself i just wish the younger generation took just a little of the pride in there work as the old folks do and did.

I too would be happy to pay for decent work but these days you almost never get that. Two years ago wife took her Buick to the dealership fo an oil change (had a free oil change coupon) well they convinced her the air filter needed replacing so they could make some money that way, when I got home I opened the hood to be sure it had been installed right, nope, stupid cretins left the intake hose clamps loose, would have caused engine wear if I had not caught it. Paid $20 for the so called "service" and they botched up a ten minute job. I contacted service department and told them we we NEVER coming back for ANY reason.

Typical example of how sloppy work today usually is.