Z710a 54 ZTrack Hydraulic Leak - Help!

Rambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2010 Z710a 54 zero turn mower that has developed a hydraulic leak on both sides. I have searched every way I know of to find a good schematic with part numbers so that I can get it repaired to no avail. The leak is coming from the top side of the transmission toward the rear of the mower just behind the fan on top (same place on both sides). It is a low pressure leak. With the mower stopped and cold I can fill up the hydraulic tank and it will completely drain over a relatively short time. The mower still works well with no apparent operational issues other than the leak, but the leak is becoming a problem. Started small and has gotten worse over the last couple of weeks. I sort of check the gas and fill it up with hydraulic oil every so often while mowing. I can't afford to have this thing stuck at the dealer for weeks and spend thousands for them to fix it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
See if this will give you some assistance.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is several places for it to leak on those Tuff Torqs. One is large cap plug with an o-ring, another is the fill plug, and of course the seal at the input shaft. On top is the fill ports incoming from the reverse tank with their o-rings.

I would think it is more likely the input shaft seal as it is a moving shaft.

Rambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies. I'm pretty sure it's the plug noted on the above referenced schematic as #4 (M809062 - replaced by MIU801988). I found another post that identified the original part as a rubber plug that cracks over time and the replacement is rubber over metal. We'll see. I ordered two of them that should be in hand in a week or so.

Rambler

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the post I found...and it looks like the OP had the same problem I do...