Z445 Fuel Solenoid and Battery Draw

EastonRob

Threads
Ok, thanks for everyone's help and patience in diagnosing this. I think I'm good now. Realizing that trying to get that 4 prong thing out of the fuse block was going to be a nightmare, I managed to get small snips inside and cut it in half while still in the fuse block. Not a pretty cut, but it should work. Everything seems to be working and the hour meter does not display with the key off. The fuel solenoid does not activate either. I'll monitor battery charge, but I'm guessing I'm good.

Next off season I may completely redo this again, but then I'll a) have the manual, and b) have a better idea what's going on. Shame on me for making assumptions about that "kit."

Thanks again all.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for letting us know, please post back in a month if all is good.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
Well you need the original wiring schematic as that appears to an added wire to the fuse block.
99% of the time, the wire from the BATTERY TERMINAL YOU SPEAK OF goes to ignition switch post marked battery - buy way of a fuse sometimes. On the after fuse side is usually the output of the regulator or common tie at the Ignition switch. Then the run terminal of the switch feeds your common hot feed on fuse box.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sometimes a smoke wrench is required too.
Usually when you let out the magic smoke things stop working. There is no way to put it put in either.

eldowdy

Threads
Why did you add that wire?