YTA22V46 drive belt problem

LarryC3315

Threads
I was using my mower to move some equipment around yesterday and got some loud noises from underneath and then it stopped. No forward or reverse. I pulled the deck and the drive belt. The drive belt was badly chewed up. The belt was hitting a piece above the forward pulley system on the cvt. The shaft was wrapped in strings that had peeled off the belt. I got that all removed and bought a new belt. While installing the new belt I realized there was something missing on the forward pulley system on the transmission. I did some walking around and found a piece that fits over what the belt was hitting. But, I'm sure I'm still missing at least one part. I have pictures of the area I am referencing and the part I found. If anyone can tell my what I'm missing and where I can get it, I'd sure appreciate it. Turns out my pics are too large. I bought a shaft collar to keep the piece I found in place, but it still hits screw tops on the pulley below on that shaft.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless you can give us some pictures, there isn’t a lot we can do to help. Try resizing the pictures you have.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
find the popping photos into any photo app on a computer and saving them as a JPG will usually fix this problem.
Phones use a format called RAW and that makes te file size massve on a computer.
IF that does not work then resizing them to 12" x 10" at a r
esolution of 72dpi will make the photo file size very small but still appear on screen at a size that is big enough fr blind old bastards like me to see the detail needed..
As for your actual problem, go to Husqarna's web page & download your mowers parts book
Run the rear of the mower up some ramps so it is nice and stable then get under there with a print out of the "DRIVE" page and look fo a missing idler pulley or belt guard or belt guide
Things do just drop off from time to time & because all th grubbibs are behind the deck you don;t hear then bang smash whallop as you run over them like yo do on a tractor style mower.

LarryC3315

Threads
Ok, here are the pics, I hope. I reduced the size by 50%. Sorry about the finger in the pics.Tran1.jpgTran2.jpgTran3.jpg

LarryC3315

Threads
The bottom pic is how it looked when I took the old belt off. It wasn't that old. Just put it on a little over a week ago. The first pic is after I found the piece laying on the ground. I put a shaft collar above it to keep it on.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Looks to be a belt routing problem to me for one thing as there is two contact at the RS800 on the right of the belt. Shouldn't be touching either at the driven pulley or hte belt retainer at the drive pulley. Also what aftermarket belt are you using. Supposedly this belt is 1/2" x 92-1/2". Check all idlers especially the v-idlers as they tend to wear have the belt to bottom out in the v-groove.

LarryC3315

Threads
This mower uses a 1//2 x 101 drive belt. It is routed exactly as the manual shows it should be. I replaced it about 3 years ago the first time and it did great. I replaced it when I had to replace the deck belt. This is a YTA22V46 960450051.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thank for the actually model number. I had look a different YTA22V46 unit. But I still wondering why it has two bends in the straight belt path. It shouldn't be touching at either place.

Stens has the belt length at 100-1/4" for this unit but I just measured using a v-belt measuring tool the OEM 532197253 (superseded to 592855001) and it is 1/2 x 101". Since that appears to be A&I belt so double check it length as I had a lot of problems with their belts being the wrong lengths. I actually threw away nearly a $1000 of their belts last June. Luckily I was able to write them off my business taxes.

Forgive me the mis-info about the belt but why I got to look-up the actually model number from the serial tags. Sometimes I even have to have the serial numbers as manufactures sometimes items in the belt path requiring different belts. Even this OEM sometimes have the wrong serial number breaks listed in the IPL.

LarryC3315

Threads
I bought the belt at tractor supply. It fits like the previous belts. The belt guard on the engine pulley also rubs just a little. I intend to loosen it and move it some. I don't have an accurate way to measure the belt.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the USA belt lengths are the outside length.
SO get a sharp pencil and measure it.
Mark it off at 10" intervals if you like.
Start at the name is usually easier.