You WON'T Believe What Home Depot Is Doing To Their Customers

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / You WON'T Believe What Home Depot Is Doing To Their Customers
I have a relative who works at a major automotive dismantler recycler, they have a warehouse full of automotive EV batteries they can't get rid of. They sell about 6 batteries per year. If they are recyclable why are they not gobbled up?

They should probably advertise more effectively. From what I'm hearing there's a big demand for good used EV batteries. If that's not the case, then maybe EV batteries aren't as bad as they make them out to be.

Thomas Massie, a congressman from Kentucky, has been using the same Tesla battery pack to power his home, for years.

From a Tesla battery pulled from a wrecked Tesla.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / You WON'T Believe What Home Depot Is Doing To Their Customers
I have a relative who works at a major automotive dismantler recycler, they have a warehouse full of automotive EV batteries they can't get rid of. They sell about 6 batteries per year. If they are recyclable why are they not gobbled up?
Simply put because of the fire risk, no insurance company will condone the use of a used battery in any vehicle
Then all of them are unique to the vehicle they are fitted into .
And yes they could be used to store solar by a home owner, but they are not weatherproof and most need the cars software to manage the recharging & discharging.
And of course being a fire risk they can not go indoors .