You can jump a car from a lawn mower? interesting...

thumpper263

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / You can jump a car from a lawn mower? interesting...
We have came to the point that to work on any equipment we have we must have a garage full of accessories with which to service it ---remember when the old school was absoluty the best --but alas we were in a slower time when we could smell the roses as we walked to school and chatted with our friends who were walking with us now we text every one while we are speeding down the road all alone what went wrong lol

tankdriver

Threads
I've worked on electric forklifts from 1978 till 2002. since 2002 I have taught others how to work on them. They can run 8 or more hours a day, but you have to have a large battery to do it, like 2000lbs. If they can reduce the size and weight of the battery while keeping the power there, most of the problems will be solved. The Toyota Hybrids are using the Toyota forklifts electrical system to power them.

Also remember that the 1st hybrid was made in about 1910 and has been in constant use since. It really is not a new system.

Anybody know what the 1st hybrid was? WITHOUT Googleing it.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've worked on electric forklifts from 1978 till 2002. since 2002 I have taught others how to work on them. They can run 8 or more hours a day, but you have to have a large battery to do it, like 2000lbs. If they can reduce the size and weight of the battery while keeping the power there, most of the problems will be solved. The Toyota Hybrids are using the Toyota forklifts electrical system to power them.

Also remember that the 1st hybrid was made in about 1910 and has been in constant use since. It really is not a new system.

Anybody know what the 1st hybrid was? WITHOUT Googleing it.

You mean gas/electric or steam/electric?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
You mean gas/electric or steam/electric?
I assume he means first ever, be that fuel and electric or steam and electric.

gtbobcat

Threads
Without googling it I`m saying Ford model T...there were so many back then .......about e-vehicles my opinion only..but for them to make a go of it..we need a breakthough in electric storage and a breakthough in electric generation, our old school ways wont be enough..solar panels only convert 5%-7% of the potential.
now I`m gonna google the answer........lol

gtbobcat

Threads
mmmm..that gas elc. or steam elec. question dun done me in........lol
turns out the model T killed the hybrids......lol

Last edited:

tankdriver

Threads
Reread my question, it has been in constant use since around 1928. And it is Fossile Fuel / Electric.....

Sorry about the incorrect date

Mower manic

Threads
That is a preposterous idea! Oh, by the way I jump started our car with my phone battery once :thumbsup:

I would very much like to know how you boosted your car's battery with a cell phone!
I am reasonably sure it's well beyond the realm of possibility.
Would you mind providing some details?
Please!

benski

Threads
I would very much like to know how you boosted your car's battery with a cell phone!
I am reasonably sure it's well beyond the realm of possibility.
Would you mind providing some details?
Please!

Perhaps called AAA?:ashamed::biggrin:

tankdriver

Threads
Well, nobody answered, so the 1st Hybrid systems put in use and used ever sinse are the S-class submarines S-3, S-6, and S-7. The concept was put forth in 1928 and these were built in 1929. They are still using them today. AND lets no forget the ALCO HH series of diesel-electric switcher entered series production in 1931. Sence it has no battery, it is not a true hybrid.