You can jump a car from a lawn mower? interesting...

Imowmylawn

Threads
I came home from work today to find out my brother used my new precious lawn mower to jump his truck...at first, i was furious at him. However, he said...before you get more angry...go try to start your lawn mower...i mumbled, its not gonna work :mad: ...but i got on the lawn mower, turned the key...and it started in its usual 1 second of cranking :biggrin: i was so happy...and i carried away some new knowledge, that its possible to jump a dead truck battery (dead to the point of clicking) off a lawn mower :biggrin: In case anyone was wondering, its a Husqvarna 25 hp Kholer engine with about 55 hours on it...i was really surprised...just thought i'd share :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I came home from work today to find out my brother used my new precious lawn mower to jump his truck...at first, i was furious at him. However, he said...before you get more angry...go try to start your lawn mower...i mumbled, its not gonna work :mad: ...but i got on the lawn mower, turned the key...and it started in its usual 1 second of cranking :biggrin: i was so happy...and i carried away some new knowledge, that its possible to jump a dead truck battery (dead to the point of clicking) off a lawn mower :biggrin: In case anyone was wondering, its a Husqvarna 25 hp Kholer engine with about 55 hours on it...i was really surprised...just thought i'd share :smile:

Why do you find it so surprising? Any decent size lawn tractor battery has enough CCA to spin over a good size vehicle engine, in WARM WEATHER at least. It is recommended you have a vehicle battery of at least one CCA per cubic inch, and I have a portable jump starting unit that has a battery the size of a lawn tractor battery, and it packs 300 CCA, and because the truck battery was not completely dead, it only needed a second of current surge going thru it. While you may be proud, I am not impressed.

Tell us you started a truck with a 12 volt cordless drill battery and maybe I will be....:laughing::laughing:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Why do you find it so surprising? Any decent size lawn tractor battery has enough CCA to spin over a good size vehicle engine, in WARM WEATHER at least. It is recommended you have a vehicle battery of at least one CCA per cubic inch, and I have a portable jump starting unit that has a battery the size of a lawn tractor battery, and it packs 300 CCA, and because the truck battery was not completely dead, it only needed a second of current surge going thru it. While you may be proud, I am not impressed.
Tell us you started a truck with a 12 volt cordless drill battery and maybe I will be....:laughing::laughing:
That is a preposterous idea! Oh, by the way I jump started our car with my phone battery once :thumbsup:

Imowmylawn

Threads

I don't know why I'm surprised...it could be (not meaning to sound rude here it just sounds that way sorry, i can't think of another way to word it) that it showed no signs of battery drain when i went to start it again, and my brother did keep it running after he got his truck started..he shut it off immediately...oh well...i just didn't know it was possible...thanks for the info :smile:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know why I'm surprised...it could be (not meaning to sound rude here it just sounds that way sorry, i can't think of another way to word it) that it showed no signs of battery drain when i went to start it again, and my brother did keep it running after he got his truck started..he shut it off immediately...oh well...i just didn't know it was possible...thanks for the info :smile:

He did it right to keep the tractor running while doing the jump start, because the alternator on the tractor helps keep the battery at full charge. I started a thread here at one time that described how out DirectTV installer tried to hook up his 12 volt cordless drill to his S-10 truck battery using jumper cables and 12 gage wire....

tankdriver

Threads

Ahh....

I thought you had built some ramps, and tried to JUMP a car........:laughing:

What a let down.........:frown:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ahh....

I thought you had built some ramps, and tried to JUMP a car........:laughing:

What a let down.........:frown:

GOOD ONE....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: REALLY FUNNY!!!!

benski

Threads
  • / You can jump a car from a lawn mower? interesting...
The way battery technology is changing, it won't be too long until you can start a vehicle with a battery the size of a fist.:cool:

tankdriver

Threads
The way battery technology is changing, it won't be too long until you can start a vehicle with a battery the size of a fist.:cool:

Hope so, that's is what is holding back electric vehicles.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Hope so, that's is what is holding back electric vehicles.
I'm probably going to get stick for this but personally I'll never buy an electric vehicle.

I wouldn't buy any vehicle for that matter that was made after 2000. Too many buttons, too many useless features and things to go wrong.