x-one mower

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone have concerns about the RED version of the Hustler "Big Dog"? Both made by Excel.

I'm in need of a new mower, never owning a ZT and not the the profession of lawn maintenance, I'm getting lost in the "This is the best, or THAT is no good" comments.

I'd like to get a commercial quality mower for a 1acre lot, with the possibility of doing some yards to offset the cost of the mower.

THanks,

Dave

I have no experience with big dog, but hustler is one of the most available brands in my area. I know they are both manufactured by exel, but I have never been around big dog to have an opinion. Hustler mowers are very good machines. There are many on here who say this brand is better than that brand, but in truth, once you get into commercial quality mowers they are all well made. Most companies offer the same, or similar, drive train options. What you are paying for is added features that each company has, such as flex forks, independent suspension, electric or hydraulic deck lift (on some top end models), single joystick controls, different engine options, etc. All have heavy made welded, or in john deere's case stamped decks. They all have a blade tip speed around 18,000 feet per minute. you only mow an acre, so you really don't need a 60" commercial mower with a big block engine that will cost $9000 to $10,000. What is your budget?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have no experience with big dog, but hustler is one of the most available brands in my area. I know they are both manufactured by exel, but I have never been around big dog to have an opinion. Hustler mowers are very good machines. There are many on here who say this brand is better than that brand, but in truth, once you get into commercial quality mowers they are all well made. Most companies offer the same, or similar, drive train options. What you are paying for is added features that each company has, such as flex forks, independent suspension, electric or hydraulic deck lift (on some top end models), single joystick controls, different engine options, etc. All have heavy made welded, or in john deere's case stamped decks. They all have a blade tip speed around 18,000 feet per minute. you only mow an acre, so you really don't need a 60" commercial mower with a big block engine that will cost $9000 to $10,000. What is your budget?

Just looked at the specs for Big Dog mowers, the Diablo is very similar to the Hustler X-ONE, and the Diablo MP is very similar to the Hustler Super Z. The Diablo MP and Hustler Super Z have larger capacity pumps and wheel motors and therefore have faster ground speeds, which is not always usable to operators and depends on the smoothness of the lawns being mowed. The slow speed steering ease of the X-ONE is noticeable and the top ground speed is OK.
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just looked at the specs for Big Dog mowers, the Diablo is very similar to the Hustler X-ONE, and the Diablo MP is very similar to the Hustler Super Z. The Diablo MP and Hustler Super Z have larger capacity pumps and wheel motors and therefore have faster ground speeds, which is not always usable to operators and depends on the smoothness of the lawns being mowed. The slow speed steering ease of the X-ONE is noticeable and the top ground speed is OK.
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

I would have assumed they would be the same as the hustler mowers except for paint, but having never been around one I couldn't comment on them. If they are the same as the hustler line then they are great mowers. I have mentioned this before, but every brand commercial mower I have been on is a very good mower. Choosing one just depends on the buyer's budget and the particular features he/she likes. Once you get into the 5k range and up you will be getting a lot of mower.

dshoffman77

Threads

I'm trying to stay around the 5500.00 dollar mark.