Wright chainsaw

twall

Lawn Addict
While digging out my Echo, I found this little gem (got it for $10 at a yard sale):

A Wright Model 111. Anybody know about these saws? What might be the vintage? It measures 11" cut. No chain. Figure a 12" will work, if I can't find a bar........
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0712.JPG
    DSCF0712.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0714.JPG
    DSCF0714.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0713.JPG
    DSCF0713.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0711.JPG
    DSCF0711.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 18
While digging out my Echo, I found this little gem (got it for $10 at a yard sale):

A Wright Model 111. Anybody know about these saws? What might be the vintage? It measures 11" cut. No chain. Figure a 12" will work, if I can't find a bar........

Have never seen the brand before, but looks to me about a late 70's vintage. Go a Google search and see what turns up.
 
THANKS, JD....never thought of using the MODEL NUMBER in the search..:laughing:

NO WONDER that thing reminded me of an old poulan we had at the lumberyard (to cut LVL's)......it is the same saw! "Made for Wright by Poulan based on the 20 - 10 "

The youtube video at the first hit, said the saw was from the late '60's. Think mine might be a points/condenser problem. No spark......

Also - it says "automatic chain oiling", right? That button on top of the handle.....it's the oiler button. There's no auto oiler stuff inside! I suppose it's more automatic oiling than a 'clunk clunk' can......but it's not what I think of when I think "Automatic chain oiling"!
 
THANKS, JD....never thought of using the MODEL NUMBER in the search..:laughing:

NO WONDER that thing reminded me of an old poulan we had at the lumberyard (to cut LVL's)......it is the same saw! "Made for Wright by Poulan based on the 20 - 10 "

The youtube video at the first hit, said the saw was from the late '60's. Think mine might be a points/condenser problem. No spark......

Also - it says "automatic chain oiling", right? That button on top of the handle.....it's the oiler button. There's no auto oiler stuff inside! I suppose it's more automatic oiling than a 'clunk clunk' can......but it's not what I think of when I think "Automatic chain oiling"!

Didn't use the model number, just typed in "wright chain saw". Poulan is still in business today, all my four Craftsman chain saws were manufactured by Poulan and labeled as Craftsman brand. Didn't veiw anything on Google, have had a head cold the last few days, can barely make out the letters while typing this.
 
Didn't use the model number, just typed in "wright chain saw". Poulan is still in business today, all my four Craftsman chain saws were manufactured by Poulan and labeled as Craftsman brand. Didn't veiw anything on Google, have had a head cold the last few days, can barely make out the letters while typing this.

I know - Poulan makes Weed Eater products.....:wink:

When I did a search on just wright chainsaw myself.......it came up with a LOT that WASN'T my saw, that's why I tried the model #, and came up witha lot of hits on that, too.
 
Update: I tore it apart further (looking for the coil #), and the fuel line was in 15 pieces and hard as macaroni. I believe that's my problem. Thought there was no spark, but could've been wrong.

Willl keep ya (those who care, anyway) posted. :thumbsup:
 
I just bought the Wright's newer (early 80's) Poulan cousin from ebay, and it arrived yesterday! This is the same as the saw we had at the lumberyard. It isn't as exactly like the wright as I thought it was!

Note the original butterknife-shaped bar. This must've been an early attempt at anti-kickback. No brake. Whoever had this saw must've not known you have to fill the bar oil! All around the bar, it's burned to HECK! It's been repainted, but man, is it whipped! Handle is cracked, but I found a place that has a brand-new replacement. It's plastic, but the main body (and shrouding) is magnesium cast.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0715.JPG
    DSCF0715.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0716.JPG
    DSCF0716.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 9
I just bought the Wright's newer (early 80's) Poulan cousin from ebay, and it arrived yesterday! This is the same as the saw we had at the lumberyard. It isn't as exactly like the wright as I thought it was!

Note the original butterknife-shaped bar. This must've been an early attempt at anti-kickback. No brake. Whoever had this saw must've not known you have to fill the bar oil! All around the bar, it's burned to HECK! It's been repainted, but man, is it whipped! Handle is cracked, but I found a place that has a brand-new replacement. It's plastic, but the main body (and shrouding) is magnesium cast.

What did you pay for that? I have an '89 vintage Craftsman cs that originally had a 16 inch bar, bar finally got worn so I just purchased a second saw (same type but newer) and kept the saw body (older one) for parts. Mine looks almost exactly like your Poulan will take some pics of the saw body next time I go out. Have never seen a bar shaped like the one you have.
 
Back
Top