Would you rather mow, or clear snow?

Threads
Either way I get to see the beauty of all my hard work whether it be snow blowing or mowing! Either way either my lawn looks great when I'm done or the driveway is cleared and who doesn't like showing snow whos boss with a snow blower?! :laughing: Except for when the wind is blowing some of us less fortune-net don't have a cab or inclosed cab haha!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Today is yet another day above 100 degrees...
I would not mind a few foot of snow this afternoon... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today is yet another day above 100 degrees...
I would not mind a few foot of snow this afternoon... :smile:KennyV

93 degrees in the shade here right now....

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Came in just a bit ago... it's 107 in the shade.... and I do not see any snow.

But I was in the A/C cab on my Kubota --- Mowing... :smile:KennyV

fastback

Threads
I like neither the dead of summer (high humidity) or the dead of winter (sub zero, blizzard). I do like the fact that in the winter I can spend some quality time with either wood or metal working. I do like the cook outs in summer and thank God for air conditioning.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like neither the dead of summer (high humidity) or the dead of winter (sub zero, blizzard). I do like the fact that in the winter I can spend some quality time with either wood or metal working. I do like the cook outs in summer and thank God for air conditioning.

Hit 97 at one point here yesterday...I always wonder how people managed to live, yet alone WORK for a living, before climate control was invented.

Black Bart

Threads
Came in just a bit ago... it's 107 in the shade.... and I do not see any snow.

But I was in the A/C cab on my Kubota --- Mowing... :smile:KennyV
Sounds like a tuff job but somebody has got to do it.:biggrin:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have two units one for grass cutting and one for snow removal. I really don't mind doing ether job. As far as grass cutting goes I start the season with a yearly maintenance and find very few repair problems through the season. Just keep good blades on the mower and clean out the grass of under the mower when I am done mowing. Now I do the same maintenance for snow removal equipment at the beginning of the season. I have a Wheelhorse garden tractor with a snow blower. This unit is pushed to it's limits. Now this unit I just seems I am repairing all the time. Something is always breaking or freezing up. The road snowplow pushes a large bank of snow that has a lot of salt in it in the end of my drive way. This is very hard on equipment. I find when I put this unit away I clean all snow off it real well and oil moving parts I have less repairs through the season. Parts still break that need welding or replacing.

kermit911

Threads
I have never plowed snow before, but I have mowed for years. So I would say plowing, I am always up for new challenges and I love seeing the difference you make with the machines you use. To see your progress that's what makes it fun for me.

Kidmows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Depends on where you live i suppose. I would rather do snow removal than mowing but we dont get much snow in northern va :(.