Wizard Mtd?

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: I am thinking it is a MTD, what is the model number? Years ago equipment badged as Wizard, were sold thru Western Auto stores.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think my old wizard is Mtd so Im posting here. Any Ideas?? It has a 8hp Briggs electric start and a 30" deck.

I would say a 1974 or 1975 MTD manufactured Western Auto Wizard.

Threads
i bought a wizard riding lawn mower modle#ayp7143a99 can anyone tell what year this on came out 14.5 briggs&stratton 42 inch deck 5 speed i would like to know what size the deck belt

AYP WIZZARD WITH A 42" DECK. MANAUAL LEVER BLADE ENGAGEMENT, NO ELECTRIC PTO. IDK THE LENGTH BUT THE PART# IS AYP#144200. AS FOR THE YEAR GET THE ENGINE NUMBERS OF THE BLOWER HOUSING. SHOULD BE LIKE THIS MODEL:287700 TYPE **** TRIIM ** DATE CODE IS THE LAST SET OF # THE 1ST 2 NUMBER ARE THE MONTH THE NEXT 2 ARE DAY THE NEXT 2 ARE THE YEAR. THGE REST OF THE NUMBER ARE NOT IMPORTANT. THE 1ST 14.5 HP OHV WHERE VANGUARDS ALL METRIC(I THINK) PARTS ARE OBSOLETE. AYP144200=88 INCHESx1/2INCH

Last edited:
Threads
I would say a 1974 or 1975 MTD manufactured Western Auto Wizard.

THE WESTERN AUTO I WORKED AT SHUT DOWN BOUGHT 10 YEARS AGO(ALL WESTERN AUTO'S SHUT DOWN) WIZZARD WAS THE STORE BRAND, MOWERS SEEM TO ROTATE FROM AYP TO MTD EVERY OTHER YEAR. I THINK THAT NOMA AND MAYBE ROPER BUILT WIZZARDS AS WELL.

BryanNC

Forum Newbie
Threads
inherited wizard lawn mower. trying to get it running everything seems to be working OK except no battery was in it. Size for battery looks like motorcycle battery. Did some searches and have not found any information on the battery. Any idea how to find the right battery.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...Any idea how to find the right battery.

Measure the area the battery will be located in.... buy the Largest 12 volt that will Fit in the space you have. :smile:KennyV

Threads
inherited wizard lawn mower. trying to get it running everything seems to be working OK except no battery was in it. Size for battery looks like motorcycle battery. Did some searches and have not found any information on the battery. Any idea how to find the right battery.

IT WAS A MC BATT 12VOLT 14AL2. EXPENSIVE OR MORE THAN LAWN AND GARDEN. LOTS OF PEOPLE MODIFIED BATT BOX TO SUPPORT A REGULAR LAWN AND GARDEN BATT. 14AL2 OR MAYBE 14AL2R ONLY BENEFIT IS THOSE BATT TEND TO MORE THAN A YEAR. MAYBE 2. OR 3 IF BUY A GOOD. THATS AN MTD THAT WAS MADE WHEN MTD STILL BUILT LAWN MOWERS. 42" IS 754-0371A deck belt lol.

anthony12345

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a wizard two it came with a bridge and stratin 12 hp motor it still runs like new,but im having trouble with my deck i cant seem to get one side to cut even with the other side and it seem like the front of the deck is to close to the ground and the back is to high i cant find a way to adjust the front and the back just has one adjuster on the left side tow raise the left side up and down but the right side dont cut as low as the left can some one help me??