Wizard Mtd?

rer

Threads
I think my old wizard is Mtd so Im posting here. Any Ideas?? It has a 8hp Briggs electric start and a 30" deck.

Attachments

• wizard 001.jpg
    wizard 001.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 37

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think my old wizard is Mtd so Im posting here. Any Ideas?? It has a 8hp Briggs electric start and a 30" deck.

I have a LOT of ideas... Very few are actually good.:laughing:..

Oh you must be referring to the wizard ... I think your right an MTD... :smile:KennyV

rer

Threads
I see you have lots of ideas. Perhaps you can help design a box blade for my suburban. Well, I need an idea of what to use for the rippers on the front.

Thanks for the identification I cannot find it anywhere on google. Also is this a rare tractor?

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I made my rippers out of 2x4 tubing.:thumbsup: Here's a pic of the finished boxblade.:cool:

Attachments

• 04-22-11_1126.jpg
    04-22-11_1126.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 04-26-11_1704.jpg
    04-26-11_1704.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 24

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
is this a rare tractor?
It is RARE that I see anything that says Wizard... but I'm sure there are a few still around, I was looking to see some others pop up in your post... I've got an old Wizard tiller, the one with a VERY heavy cast iron body... has not been used since the 60's.
& it looks like bakerg has made a nice light duty BB with scarifiers...

I made my rippers out of 2x4 tubing.:thumbsup: Here's a pic of the finished boxblade.:cool:

Very nice... should be handy for light work:thumbsup:
:smile:KennyV

rer

Threads
I may try to duplicate that ripper unless I use something solid. what is the height of the blade, and what model tractor pulls that?

Well I went for a ride and this thing hauls @$$. It must go 12 in 3rd. I don't think the pulley has been changed. 1st and 2nd aren't that fast but third. I guess back then they needed to mow quick:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess back then they needed to mow quick:biggrin:

WoW ... I don't think the top gear was intended to mow in... might be good to get from one place to the next, quickly:biggrin: ...

How well is the mower deck running?.. :smile:KennyV

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
I may try to duplicate that ripper unless I use something solid. what is the height of the blade, and what model tractor pulls that?

Well I went for a ride and this thing hauls @$$. It must go 12 in 3rd. I don't think the pulley has been changed. 1st and 2nd aren't that fast but third. I guess back then they needed to mow quick:biggrin:
BB is 60"wide and 24" high. use my GC2400 Massey to pull it.:biggrin:

rer

Threads
Thank you for those specs. Also nice tractor. I may scale that by half 30" by 1'. I have never used a box blade. I would like some opinions on how big of a box blade to make for the sears suburban, I do have 55 lb. wheel weights. But how wide is too wide??:confused3:

Well the mower deck she runs good. Just needs some grease but haven't gotten there yet. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to engage the blades, but I finally got it. All it takes is lowering the deck and it puts tension on the belt. I guess I'm just used to a blade clutch lever.

hamblen1948

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for those specs. Also nice tractor. I may scale that by half 30" by 1'. I have never used a box blade. I would like some opinions on how big of a box blade to make for the sears suburban, I do have 55 lb. wheel weights. But how wide is too wide??:confused3:

Well the mower deck she runs good. Just needs some grease but haven't gotten there yet. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to engage the blades, but I finally got it. All it takes is lowering the deck and it puts tension on the belt. I guess I'm just used to a blade clutch lever.

i bought a wizard riding lawn mower modle#ayp7143a99 can anyone tell what year this on came out 14.5 briggs&stratton 42 inch deck 5 speed i would like to know what size the deck belt