Winter Tinkering

The most "expensive" maintenance procedure I have is changing the hydraulic fluids on the zero turn and tractor.

I

Travis, if I had that synthetic mobil1 you drain from your hydraulic system... I would filter it and blend with my diesel fuel...

You are right about DIY it gets things done right and is very satisfying ... :smile:KennyV
 
Hey Kenny, how old does the Mobil1 have to be before you wouldn't want it anymore? How much do you blend?
 
You can mix up to 50/50, The age is not so important. Oil used in a hydraulic system generally breaks down in viscosity over time. That makes very little difference using it for fuel. Just needs to be uncontaminated and relatively clean...
:smile:KennyV
 
Hi all


I do some of my maintenance in the fall like change the engine oil and add stable to the gas, i do this because i don't like to leave that contaminated oil in the crank case all winter so i get it out of there as soon as possible when it's warmed up and done mowing for the season. I live in in the country and i don't want to load that mower up every time it need simple maintenance work needs done i have a 48'' rider.:licking:
 
Travis, if I had that synthetic mobil1 you drain from your hydraulic system... I would filter it and blend with my diesel fuel...

You are right about DIY it gets things done right and is very satisfying ... :smile:KennyV

Actually Kenny, I use Amsoil Synthetics in everything I own. I use some of the old oil to put under my mower deck and Bush Hog. I wash out and clean from under the decks, let them dry and apply the oil with a brush. Keeps from rusting out...:thumbsup:

Every couple tanks of fuel in my tractor, since it's diesel, I add a quart of Dexron III automatic transmission fluid to a full tank. It keeps the injectors clean.:thumbsup:
 
A
Every couple tanks of fuel in my tractor, since it's diesel, I add a quart of Dexron III automatic transmission fluid to a full tank. It keeps the injectors clean.:thumbsup:

Anything helps.. but with the ultra low sulfur diesel you need to add a bit of lube to the diesel...
Sulfur use to be the high pressure lube in the injector pump... Testing has shown that as little as 2 percent bio-diesel, is the best diesel additive you can get for the injector pumps... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top