Attachments WILL THIS WORK ON A JD R-E-R?

Threads
My friend has a JD rear-engine-rider (similar to the picture below) and said he is going to get a large lawn sweeper (like in the second picture). Will this even work on his mower?!? It is not under the list of compatible equipment on the JD website, but then again they don't make that type of mower anymore.
mower......sx85.jpg

sweeper....lawn sweeper.jpg

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ummm... it's a pull type lawn sweeper... you could tow it around with a Hover-round if you really wanted... :smile:KennyV

Threads
Does he have a thing on the back to attach a trailer to?Probably looks something like this(just a hole without the ball)http://www.kwaree.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dsc01530.jpg

I don't think he does, but he might. I think the person is this video has the exact same mower as my friend.
It is hard to tell......is there a hole in the back of this mower to attach it??

Here is a better video: I think I can see a hole in the back to attach something to. You can see it very quickly at 5 seconds in.
(videos by stlouissux9119)

SO I AM ASSUMING THE SWEEPER ATTACHMENT WOULD WORK...CORRECT?:confused:

D2hornets58

Threads
I don't think he does, but he might. I think the person is this video has the exact same mower as my friend.
It is hard to tell......is there a hole in the back of this mower to attach it??

Here is a better video: I think I can see a hole in the back to attach something to. You can see it very quickly at 5 seconds in.
(videos by stlouissux9119)

SO I AM ASSUMING THE SWEEPER ATTACHMENT WOULD WORK...CORRECT?:confused:

Hard to tell from the videos. Have him check.If theres a hole you can just put a pin through it like this...http://www.kwaree.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/dsc01530.jpg As long as theres a hole for the trailer on his mower he shouldnt have any problems towing that.Even with leaves in it those are pretty light,.

slammed

Threads
Even if it don't have that it is nothing that a little piece of angle iron can't fix. Drill a few holes bolt it to the mower and sweep away.

D2hornets58

Threads
Even if it don't have that it is nothing that a little piece of angle iron can't fix. Drill a few holes bolt it to the mower and sweep away.

Yeah thats true. It would be very easy to make something if there is not a hole.

Threads
Personally if I were him I would just get a bagger or something for my mower because as said in another thread.....lawn sweepers don't work that well. Apparently baggers are better.

slammed

Threads
They both work about the same to me. Unless the bagger has a extra motor for better pickup.