Will $5 a gallon gas change your mowing habits?

Both of my mowers use a negligible amount of gasoline so price increases won't affect my mowing. While we're on the subject, it amazes me how much work my chainsaws can do on a tiny amount of gas.:thumbsup:

Five dollar gasoline would affect my driving:mad: -- and I have a four-cylinder engine in my truck.
 
I can't really change my mowing habits because of the city ordinances. You can't have it more than 6 inches high or they come out and charge you over $50 for mowing your grass. I think I'll just buy the 2 gallons of gas I normally do and suck it up.
 
Both of my mowers use a negligible amount of gasoline so price increases won't affect my mowing. While we're on the subject, it amazes me how much work my chainsaws can do on a tiny amount of gas.:thumbsup:

Five dollar gasoline would affect my driving:mad: -- and I have a four-cylinder engine in my truck.

Being retired, I probably drive less than 1200 miles a year, my truck is a gas guzzler but I don't care about the additional cost for fuel. However, paying $5 a gallon for diesel and gasoline to care for my yard would be an expensive headache in the long run.
 
I'm with Two-Stroke, on fuel prices...
I mow with diesel and do a lot of mowing with a very little diesel...
Driving on the other hand will drop back... $5 gasoline may look cheep, it's definitely a global market and gasoline in Europe is already around $8 a gallon...
The Electric mowers may be showing up none too soon... :smile:KennyV
 
Ya know you really need to cut those company's some slack, I believe it was Exxon that only made 54.4 Billion in profits in 2010, they need the money

Ha!Ha!Ha! :laughing::wink: I heard that gas prices would go up to $5.00 or $6.00 a gallon this summer before the unrest in Libya started. Mmmmm

I don't think it will change my mowing habits much because mowers don't use a whole lot of gas. We do plan to mow a couple of acres with a riding mower or small tractor with a mower. That might be cut back.
 
Yesterday morning gas price for Reg. unleaded was 3.14 Mid-grade was 3.26 diesel was 3.54. Today Reg. unleaded is 3.29 Mid-grade is 3.45 and diesel is 3.65 that's quite an overnight jump. Can't wait to see what going to happen when the do the quarterly adjustment :rolleyes: Looks like there mid summer $5 price is going to be here sooner than they said.
 
$5.00 gas prices won't change any of my ope usage,but what i will do is change my vehicle driving habits, which is exactly what i did last time gas prices soared....i don't NEED to make extra trips here and there...i run the cruise control an extreme amount,even at low speeds, start outs are always with an egg under the gas peddle(and it never breaks:laughing:) driving like this really saves a lot on gas, but it is hard to do and always tempting to break the rules.
 
Where I live, gas is sold by the liter and right now it is anywhere between $1.19/L and $1.50/L. I think we just end up adjusting to the prices like we do for groceries.
 
If gas hits $5 a gallon or even $4 a gallon I can guarantee that I will let my grass get a little taller than I might otherwise. Everything else is already going up so much without adding gas into the mix as well.

I may very well be doing the same. We have one of those grocer cards that lets you save on gas prices, but 5 bucks man that is a little too steep for my piggy bank.
 
I may very well be doing the same. We have one of those grocer cards that lets you save on gas prices, but 5 bucks man that is a little too steep for my piggy bank.

Yeah, those cards save you a whole five cents a gallon, what a laugh....gas here is $3.45 a gallon, diesel is $3.75...I did my weekly errands today, filled my diesel cans, so far this month I have used a huge amount of diesel plowing...hourmeter on my tractor has gone up 14 hours, at a gallon per hour that is about $45 worth of diesel fuel. But that cost is way offset by the very limited mileage I drive...so far this month, and I am not planning to go anywhere till mid next week...I have put 75 miles on my truck and 10, yes, ten, on my car. 85 miles total for the month.

I LOVE BEING RETIRED !!!!! :laughing::biggrin::thumbsup:
 
Back
Top