Who knew a Briggs 3.5 would run without a Idle Mix Valve???

Jeff T

Threads
  • / Who knew a Briggs 3.5 would run without a Idle Mix Valve???
Model: 091202 - Type: 1354-E1 - Code: 0505 23YA

Little Wonder Carb LMF.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In the manual I posted go to Sec 3 Page 5 and Figure A is your carb. It shows an idle mixture screw, not for high speed. It has been adapted with a Rotary Choke setup. Pages I posted earlier 26-30 explain how to service it. Can you provide pictures of the adjusting screw and jet?

Jeff T

Threads
There is no adjusting screw only this jet.

LW Jet.jpg

Attachments

• LW Jet.jpg
    LW Jet.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 0

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Correct your carb doesn't have an adjustable idle mixture screw. You have a fixed air bleed jet. Some place in the system is a slight restriction. Could be in the transition ports, could be in the high speed to idle area of the carb where it gets it fuel from the high speed side of the carb. May only take .001 restriction in that system some place to cause issues.

Jeff T

Threads
Some place in the system is a slight restriction. Could be in the transition ports, could be in the high speed to idle area of the carb where it gets it fuel from the high speed side of the carb. May only take .001 restriction in that system some place to cause issues.

I've been trying to do this with a can of carb cleaner. I just ordered a new compressor, so this will get tabled til the new compressor arrives and I can really blow everything out. Appreciate all the help and will report back when the compressor arrives.

Thanks!

Jeff T

Threads
Compressor arrived and really blew out the carb. Reassembled and fired it up, initially it surged but after five minutes of run time it appeared to smooth out.

Tomorrow we put it to work!!

Jeff T

Threads
Final note on this one. Fired it up today and it ran like a champ!!