Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?

Which Type of Gas Would you Buy for Your 2 Cycle Equipment?

• Regular Non Ethanol

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • 93 With Ethanol

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 89 With Ethanol

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

de dee

Threads
  • / Which type of gas would you buy for your 2 cycle equipment?
I use 87 octane with unspecified amount of ethanol (hopefully less than 20%).

our gas is limited to 10% so far<> read the manual and see what gas you need, my new tractor says regular gas ,.old roto tiller reg. gas lawn mower reg. gas murray tractor reg. gas,. 29 hp. scooter high compresion, 89 oct. or 94 oct. O ethenal, 94 for winter storage,.

Mike88se

Threads
I'm changing my answer because the Tanaka machines both say 89 octane if you want your warranty. Not that warranties are worth much ;) I don't think it's worth the bother or money to buy another 5gal can and fill one with 87 and the other with 89 so all the machines will get 89 now.

paul11

Forum Newbie
Threads
I go for Regular Non Ethanol....:thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
What ever is the cheapest gas pump, runs just fine with ethanol in the gas.

Retiredcarguy

Threads
AKI 87 Regular

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm changing my answer because the Tanaka machines both say 89 octane if you want your warranty. Not that warranties are worth much ;) I don't think it's worth the bother or money to buy another 5gal can and fill one with 87 and the other with 89 so all the machines will get 89 now.

That's the reason I run 93 octane. Everything I run is Stihl and says 89 or higher and I'm like you I'm not going to bother with trying to keep 87 for the mowers especially when I can get up to a dollar off a gallon on premium.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's the reason I run 93 octane. Everything I run is Stihl and says 89 or higher and I'm like you I'm not going to bother with trying to keep 87 for the mowers especially when I can get up to a dollar off a gallon on premium.

Ya I just run 89 same reason. Found out however that I cannot run 89 in my truck. I started using it a while ago my check engine light came on. 02 sensor #3 is bad. Reading the manual it says use 87 only :/

echostar

Forum Newbie
Threads
No alcohol premium. That is all that is aviable here without the lousy alcohol. The exceptions are canned fuel, Stihl and others put it out. Another good one is no alcohol avaition gas. Don't get the low lead stuff. Another is gas at a marina. -- no alcohol.

Ed

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ya I just run 89 same reason. Found out however that I cannot run 89 in my truck. I started using it a while ago my check engine light came on. 02 sensor #3 is bad. Reading the manual it says use 87 only :/

I don't have to worry about what goes in the Truck, it's an FFV so it will take and run anything. The higher the octane the better it likes it. The Stihl equipment is the same the higher octane the better. I think that's why in eight years I've never had any issues with any of my lawn equipment.

Nwatson99

Threads
93 in everything it burns cleaner.