WHICH BRAND OF ZERO-TURN MOWER WOULD YOU GET?

WHICH BRAND OF ZER-TURN WOULD YOU GET IF YOU HAD THE MONEY?

• Total voters

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are nice for small spaces but they are still not a ZTR. They are just different mowers, i can easily mow 3 times as much in a day with my Scag Cheetah

The GS I purchased is a 36" and is designed for small places but you can get them up to a 60" cut with a 27hp Kawasaki engine. I can tell you that the 36" is faster than my 48" Ztr and far more maneuverable, and your right there not a ZTR there far better IMO.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would be afraid that if I hit a bump with the Toro Grandstand that it would really move the mower off-course because the controls are so loose.

With the variable speed control you can stop that from happening. The motion controls are not loose unless you want them to be. There completely adjustable to accommodate the beginner to the pro.

MSlandscaping

Threads
The GS I purchased is a 36" and is designed for small places but you can get them up to a 60" cut with a 27hp Kawasaki engine. I can tell you that the 36" is faster than my 48" Ztr and far more maneuverable, and your right there not a ZTR there far better IMO.

We obviously use our mowers in different ways. I feel mowing 15+ acres of grass a day is best suited for a ZTR.:thumbsup:

Popeye

Threads
Ferris hands down. My aging back will thank me.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We obviously use our mowers in different ways. I feel mowing 15+ acres of grass a day is best suited for a ZTR.:thumbsup:

I'm strictly residential and besides with the GS I have no back problems like I did with all the ZTR mowers I've run over the years.

MSlandscaping

Threads
I'm strictly residential and besides with the GS I have no back problems like I did with all the ZTR mowers I've run over the years.

How many hours do you have on your GS?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How many hours do you have on your GS?

Not all that many. I purchased the mower on July 4th but only used on my own lawn once a week until August 6th. Wanted to get use to it before I used on someone else lawn so I've only used for about six weeks for my business so not to many hrs.

MSlandscaping

Threads
Not all that many. I purchased the mower on July 4th but only used on my own lawn once a week until August 6th. Wanted to get use to it before I used on someone else lawn so I've only used for about six weeks for my business so not to many hrs.

Dont you think you are more likely to have either back or knee problems with a grandstand than with a ztr? you are standing all day bouncing up and down. I feel that after 1000 hours it will catch up to you. You should test drive a Cheetah, they have the best ride of any mower:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dont you think you are more likely to have either back or knee problems with a grandstand than with a ztr? you are standing all day bouncing up and down. I feel that after 1000 hours it will catch up to you. You should test drive a Cheetah, they have the best ride of any mower:thumbsup:

I've been going to a chiropractor for years with back and hip problems so those problems are nothing new for me. Before the Grandstand there was never a day I didn't come home and have issues with sore back. I thought the same thing as you about the Grandstand before I took the chance and purchased the mower, I can truthfully tell you I wished I had done it long ago because the issues with the back are virtually gone.
The key to the Grandstand is there Flex-Ride platform it rides better than a ZTR and there's less fatigue during and at the end of the day. Until you use the machine you can't understand how much better things can be and if you ever use the machine for a couple of weeks, as I've been told you'll retire your ZTR and never use it again. At the end of the season I'm looking to replace my 48" ZTR with either a 48" or 52" Grandstand, I like it that much.

born2cut99

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you had the money, what brand of ZTR mower would you get? Exmark? Scag? Toro? Hustler? Gravely? Ferris? Grasshopper? John Deere? Other?

I personally have always been a scag guy, but ever since I started operating a hustler super z I'm hooked. They are super fast, have a great cut and are superior on inclines.