Which 2 cycle brand do you prefer?

Echo or Redmax?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rustycat

Threads
Now everything is going cordless battery powered. The batteries we have now are much better than before and don't cost a fortune to replace.

rustycat

Threads
I still have my 1984 lawn boy mower that still runs great. I have used the same oil mix in every one of my machines mower, snowthower, trimmer without any problems.

Lyndmc

Threads
And be sure to throw some StarTron in with whatever oil mix that you use. That’s good stuff IMO. Buy the concentrated version, one bottle lasts forever.

rustycat

Threads
do they even makeTwo strokes anymore?

billypumper

Threads
Use to use Echo, but switched to all Stihl, 4 saws, 1 hedge trimmer, Kombi setup with pole saw and tiller, not much trimming so went to an electric Stihl trimmer, have 3 batteries, use Stihl pre mixed gas, bit pricey but always starts quickly and no problems with the spark arrestor screen, use a DeWalt battery operated sawzall for light tree trimming that can be reached from ground..

Fox12

Forum Newbie
Threads
I buy Stihl because I have an excellent nearby dealer, not that I have needed any service for my Stihl tools for over ten years. I currently have a Stihl hand-held leaf blower, chain saw, weed trimmer and hedge trimmer. I use Lucas 2-cycle oil the burns clean with no evidence of ash deposits on spark plugs or on exhaust systems.. I also use ethanol-free gasoline exclusively for all of my small engines.

Alphadog

Threads
I've used average normal hardware store brand weed eaters forever and finally got tired of working on them more than actually using them. To be fair, I'm hard on my tools. A few years ago I finally decided to make a semi-step up and buy an Echo. (I have a hard time letting go of money) Anyway, right off it was a glaring improvement just on balance alone. I've had a crap load of weed eaters over the years and this felt the best. Also, I haven't had to do anything except treat it kindly, you know, all the things they tell you to do (kinda). Another thing you'll love is "it starts every time". No messing around. Love the cutting head too. Easy load, easy feed. Sorry, I wish I could compare to a Redmax. Sounds good.

Threads
I own both Stihl & Husqvarna products, also a Rover lawn mower with a Suzuki 2/stroke ( which clog the muffler with carbon if too much oil or a crappy brand of oil is used) also a mower with a Tecumseh TVS600, all of which i am currently running with Husqvarna LS 2 cycle oil, the plugs, mufflers, exhaust ports all look good.