Which 2 cycle brand do you prefer?

Echo or Redmax?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trukfr8

Threads
I’ve been using Lawnboy 2 cycle oil for over 20 years now and have never had an issue at all. It’s getting hard to find but you still can find it.

catman606

Threads
I like Stihl chainsaws and weedeaters. Mostly because they seem to start easier than others I've had. Someone stole my Stihl trimmer about a year ago, replaced it with a Husqvarna because the dealer was out of the Stihl I wanted, the Husky runs good, but if my wife uses it, she has a tendency to flood it on cold starts. The Stihl was much better on cold starts.

I bought a used Echo mini-tiller. I love it. It has the easy start feature and has never failed to start by the third pull. I use non-ethanol gas and synthetic oil in all of them and it makes a big difference in my chainsaws power.

pilotbuddy

Threads
I've always used Opti-2. Never a problem with stale gas.

DOB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look for one that is 600 hours compliant you will have one that will be epa certified and don't use cheap oil I've taken many apart due to stuck rings from oil carbon build up.
But I prefer Shindowa or Echo I use both

lbrac

Threads
I have a gifted Husqvarna chainsaw, a Poulan Pro pole-saw/trimmer, a Ryobi trimmer, a gifted Hitachi blower, a very old not-so-used gifted Weed Eater hedge trimmer, and a well-used McCullough chainsaw, that are all still going strong. I've also had 2-cycle off-road motorcycles: a Yamaha, several RT340 Rokons w/ Sachs snow machine engines and variable-speed centrifugal drives, and a MX250 Husqvarna. Also, had a 3-cylinder Mercury outboard. All preformed well w/ whatever 2-cycle oil was available in gallon size at Walmart. I used gasohol at the recommended oil/gas ratio in them all.

I had a couple of 6-gallon boat fuel tanks w/ mixed gasohol that I didn't have an opportunity to use. After about 7 years, I used it in my small-engined equipment w/ no negative effects. I've heard that 2-cycle oil can stabilize gasohol, and it worked well for me. The tanks were sealed and stored in the covered trailered boat or in a large unheated metal building.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
BRANDS MEAN NOTHING
every brand has marketed some rubbish
Most brands have marketed some really good tools
Echo vs Redmax = Ford vs Chev = Pepsi vs Coke etc etc etc
The original question was really stupid as there was no models listed
A trailer / shed full of the same coloured tools is the fantasy of a moron in an advertising agency who walks around all day with both his hands in his pockets and a silly grin on his face.
Get the right tool for the job and there is not a single brand on the planet that has the right tool for every job despite the trash we are subjected to in every form of media, mass & social .

Threads
I've used average normal hardware store brand weed eaters forever and finally got tired of working on them more than actually using them. To be fair, I'm hard on my tools. A few years ago I finally decided to make a semi-step up and buy an Echo. (I have a hard time letting go of money) Anyway, right off it was a glaring improvement just on balance alone. I've had a crap load of weed eaters over the years and this felt the best. Also, I haven't had to do anything except treat it kindly, you know, all the things they tell you to do (kinda). Another thing you'll love is "it starts every time". No messing around. Love the cutting head too. Easy load, easy feed. Sorry, I wish I could compare to a Redmax. Sounds good.
Echo's not the worst, but I've found that after a few months they tend to bog down, and reallytake time to warm up, and are not durable...at least compared to redmax, but that's my experience.