Where'd it go?

admin2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Absolutely, finding the right part can sometimes be a bit of a puzzle, especially with so many similar models out there. It's interesting how a small difference in a part number, like the case with the 32 096 09-S and 32 096 08-S, can signify a completely different fit or design for different engine series. It's always better to double-check these details to avoid any mishaps. RB College

Ordering both versions sounds like a smart move, especially since you're not entirely sure about the depth of the cover. It's always good to have a spare for future use or emergencies. And I totally get the sentiment about trying to reduce inventory while it seems to only grow. It's a common challenge in our line of work, balancing between having just enough and having too much.

And yeah, the idea of some of these parts outliving us is amusing and a bit surreal! It's all part of the journey in maintaining and caring for our equipment. Sometimes, even those extra parts we thought we'd never use come in handy at the most unexpected times.

On a side note, it's always satisfying to get the exact part you need from a local shop, even if it costs a bit more. There's something about the right OEM parts that just feels more reliable.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Absolutely, finding the right part can sometimes be a bit of a puzzle, especially with so many similar models out there. It's interesting how a small difference in a part number, like the case with the 32 096 09-S and 32 096 08-S, can signify a completely different fit or design for different engine series. It's always better to double-check these details to avoid any mishaps. RB College

Ordering both versions sounds like a smart move, especially since you're not entirely sure about the depth of the cover. It's always good to have a spare for future use or emergencies. And I totally get the sentiment about trying to reduce inventory while it seems to only grow. It's a common challenge in our line of work, balancing between having just enough and having too much.

And yeah, the idea of some of these parts outliving us is amusing and a bit surreal! It's all part of the journey in maintaining and caring for our equipment. Sometimes, even those extra parts we thought we'd never use come in handy at the most unexpected times.

On a side note, it's always satisfying to get the exact part you need from a local shop, even if it costs a bit more. There's something about the right OEM parts that just feels more reliable.

Those spare parts tend to dwindle down by taking the last one and forgetting to order more. I changed a solenoid last night, and just knew I had like 4 of these. Turn outs, I only had 1. Then it dawned on me. The last time I used one, I said to myself, "Self (I knew it was me, I recognized my voice), don't forget to order some more of these."

Those two parts you mentioned. 32 096 09-S and the 32 096 08-S, I had to order both of those a few months ago, because I wasn't sure which one was lost (Pick-up to the shop). That was the first time I'd ever orders those, and will probably be stuck with the other forever. My kids will probably inherit it.